Part 19

This time, we were having a mass photo shoot with the majority of the PINK models. I stared at all the models while I was getting my makeup done and groaned. These women could wipe out the self confidence of a whole continent, what the crap! I thought.

"What's your problem?" Antonio, my makeup artist, asked.

"They're gorgeous," I whispered. "My self confidence level is about negative eight hundred."

"Oh shut up girl! You're just as gorgeous...maybe even more gorgeous than these girls," he told me, his flamboyant attitude very noticeable. I smiled a little. Honestly, everyone was kind of giving me the cold shoulder except this one red head. Her freckles covered her face and she had golden brown eyes.

"Don't worry about them. They just have to warm up to you," she told me. I smiled.

"Thanks," I told her. Her eyes widened.

"Your voice is so...cute!" She gushed. I chuckled. "Oh, I guess I should introduce myself before I start acting weird. I'm Saige," she grinned.

"I'm Ava and I think we are gonna be great friends," I told her honestly. She squealed and hugged me. Even though I had made a new friend, I couldn't wait to leave that photo shoot. Their attitudes got really old, really fast. When it was finally time to leave, I couldn't get out fast enough. I told Saige I would text her after I got her number and then I went home. There was a car parked in the driveway and it wasn’t one of ours. I walked inside quietly to see my mom on the couch with some guy...again. I was actually starting to like her again because nobody was calling the house and I hadn’t seen her with anyone in a long time, but all my respect was gone. How could she do this again? Things were getting so much better. 

“Mom,” I called out, getting her attention. 

“Shit!” She hopped away from the guy and I noticed it was the same one from before. She’s been seeing him this whole time. The guy left quickly and my mom glared at me. 

“This isn’t about me anymore is it?” I asked dejectedly. “You’re just seeing someone else now?” 

“It’s none of your business,” she hissed tensely. 

“But, what about dad?” I asked, “you should at least respect him enough to tell him.” She rolled her eyes. 

“You’re sixteen, don’t tell me how to live my life,” she scolded, bumping past me. I sighed sadly. I wasn’t even angry. I just felt bad for her and my parents’ relationship. I walked upstairs to the bathroom and showered.When I was done, I turned on my music and started getting ready. I had already picked out my outfit for my date with Chresanto. It consisted of a long-sleeved black dress that flared out from the waist down. There was a tiny hole in the back and it fit perfectly. Antonio was kind enough to take my makeup off so I could apply my more natural makeup when I got home. After I did my makeup, I put my hair into a thick fishtail braid with a side part and a few fly away pieces that I curled with my wand. Then I slipped into my dress and put on my favorite cross chain and silver peep-toe heels. I put in my diamond studs-I’ve never been one for big flashy earrings-and spritzed myself with the slightest bit of perfume. Throwing all my neccessities into a clutch, I looked at my clock. 5:47. I spent the rest of the time I had touching up my hair and makeup and pep-talking myself. You’re gonna go on this date and not be nervous. I mean he makes you nervous, but you never show it. And don't be a pervert! I was actually talking to myself. Yep, all sanity was out the window. Oh my word, I’m gonna pee on myself. Am I the only one that has an urge to pee every time I’m nervous? After I went to the bathroom, again, I was called downstairs. 

“What did I do thi-” I paused as I saw my freaking slurp worthy boyfriend at the bottom of the stairs smiling that contagious smile at me. Nervousness took over and I tripped over myself but caught myself before I completely fell. He looked so perfect. I finally made it down to him, and without falling or hurting myself too. He grinned at me.