Part 6

My mom stood at the door with a ‘wait ‘til I get you home’ kind of face. Roc backed away from me slowly as my mom picked up the condom on the floor. Oh no. . . 

“Mom, what are you doing here?” I asked. She slit her eyes at me. 

“I thought you were hanging out with friends,” she said slowly, twirling the condom in her hand. 

“I am. . .” I told her. Oh my word, this is embarrassing. 

“So that,” she gestured to Roc, and “this,” she waved around the condom, “makes up a friendship these days, huh? Guess what little girl, you ain’t gonna have friends then!” I scrunched up my nose and hopped off of the sink, following my mom out of their place. How the hell did she even know I was here? I turned around and mouthed a ‘sorry’ to them. 

“And, you boys live like pigs!” My mom finished, opening the door. 

“Mom!” I yelled. She loves a chance to embarrass me, I swear. 

“Don’t ‘mom’ me! Wait ‘til your dad sees this!” She waved the condom around, again. I rolled my eyes. Trippin. 

“What is this supposed to be?” My dad roared as he looked at the rubber wrapped in gold foil. 

“A new kind of gum?” I laughed, trying to lighten up the situation. It didn’t work. 

“Ava, I’m not kidding right now!” My dad was fuming.

“Guys, it’s not mine! I was in a room full of boys!” I explained. My dad rubbed his hand down his face. 

“Yeah, but it was in the room that you were in with that boy!” My mom accused. “You should’ve seen it! He was all over her!” My dad raised his eyebrows. 

“Really now?” He asked. I groaned. 

“No?” My dad gave me a look. Damn my lack of lying skills, “We were about to kiss,” I mumbled. My dad shook his head at me in a disapproving manner. 

"Ava, you know how I feel about boys! Damn it, they only want one thing!" He growled. 

"But daddy-" 

"Ava, I don't like this. No," he said. Call me manipulative if you want, but I had no choice other than to pull out the daddy's little girl act.

“What?” I asked innocently, batting my eyelashes at him, “It’s normal for teenage girls to have boyfriends! It’s not like I was going to use that,” I pointed to the condom, “I’m a virgin, been a virgin for sixteen years and don’t plan on losing that trait any time soon.” My dad cringed every time I said the word virgin. 

“Ugh, too much information,” he frowned. “Just, no sex, okay Ava? I don’t ever wanna see another condom in this house again.” Welp, might wanna talk to Allen then. I smirked to myself as my dad left. 

“I don’t want you dating. It could get in the way of your career,” my mom growled. 

“But mom, what daddy says, goes,” I shrugged, grinning.

"You're not too old for a whoopin!" She glared at me. I guess when she realized I wasn't phased by her threat, she got pissed off. "You know what, I won't even whoop you. I'll beat your ass like you're grown, since you wanna act like it." She kept that icy  glare as I kissed her on the cheek. Sure, I acted like I wasn't afraid, but I knew my mom could kick my ass, and I'd never have the nerve to hit back.

“I’m gonna go to sleep, got a big video shoot tomorrow,” I told her. “Love you momma.”  I walked into my room, pulled on my spandex and my cut up Michael Jackson T-shirt and laid down. Just when I was falling asleep, my computer started going off. I groaned and got it off of my bedside table. Roc was calling me on Skype. . . ROC IS CALLING ME ON SKYPE! . No, I look ugly! Oh well. . . 

“Yo,” I said, coming off cool when in all actuality I was panicking internally.

“Took you long enough to answer,” he joked grinning. Lord, why is his smile so big? Melts me. Oh my word, he was shirtless too. 

“Shut up,” I smiled, “I was almost asleep.” 

“Oh, I can go if-” 

“No!” I yelled on accident, “I mean, no I’m good,” I smiled sheepishly as he laughed. 

“So are you okay? Not in too much trouble?” He asked. 

“Yeah, I talked to my dad until he was calm again. It wasn’t easy, considering my mom showed him the condom too. Damn Ray Ray and his condom throwing,” I giggled. 

“Can you still chill with us?” He asked. Aw, he wants to chill with me? 

“Chup!” I giggled. “I even talked to them about you. . .” 

“What about me?” He asked with his eyebrows raised. 

“You know-” I stopped as my dad walked into my room. 

“What are you doing?” My dad asked. I made a "Holy balls!" face into the camera at Roc as he sat there wide-eyed. 

“Talking to my friend,” I said. 

“Your friend with the condoms?” He asked. Roc laughed at that and my dad walked up to my computer. “Hey, if you’re gonna be my daughter’s boyfriend or whatever, I better see you at this house so I can tell you how it is,” he said into the camera. I hid my face as my cheeks heated up. 

“Boyfriend?” Roc asked. I looked at him between my fingers that were covering my face and saw he was trying not to smile. 

“Yes, fool. And where are your clothes? Put a shirt on little boy,” my dad finished. My parents are so embarrassing. 

“Dad,” I whined as Roc said “yes sir.” 

“Love you honey, get some rest,” he kissed me on the cheek before leaving. I looked back at Roc and he was cheesing hard, with a shirt on, might I add. 

“What are you smiling about?” I asked, even though I knew very well what he was smiling about. 

“Boyfriend, huh?” He teased. I rolled my eyes. 

“We’ll talk about this when I can see you in person,” I told him. 

“Aight,” he said, still grinning. It was contagious, I couldn’t stop smiling whenever he smiled. I blew a kiss into the camera and he pretended to catch it. 

“Aw that’s the cutest thing I’ve seen you do,” I cooed. 

“Yeah, yeah, this stays between us two,” he chuckled. “Sweet dreams Ava.” 

“You too,” I smiled. We signed off and I went to sleep.

On the set of Diggy’s music video, things were tense. My acting was fine though, apparently nobody could tell we had issues. When we got a break, I pulled Digg to the side. 

“Look, I’m sorry about your friend, I shouldn’t have-” 

“Nah, it was my fault, I shouldn’t have pushed myself onto you like that,” he sighed, rubbing his hands through his hair. I shrugged and smiled. 

“Okay, so are we good?” I asked. He nodded, smiling back. 

“Yeah, we straight,” he said.

“So, who was that girl anyway?” I asked. 

“My ex, Santana,” he said. 

“Oh. . .” I trailed off. I honestly didn't wanna know about her, so I left it at that. The director called us back to recording. Everything the director had planned and we had rehearsed was completely changed last minute. The video shoot was sort of exhausting, but since we were just winging it and nothing was planned, I wasn’t too tired. 

“Great job,” Diggy said. I smiled. 

“You too.” We hugged. “Bye bye,” I waved. He was leaving Cali after that night. He threw me a peace sign and that was it. I blew out some air. Glad that's out of the way! 

A/N: Hope this chapter was okay :) Love you all :D