Part 23

“Don’t talk to me like I’m a stranger! Now let me in!” Prince said in a feisty manner. I opened the door and he walked in. When I was closing the door, a wave of dizziness washed over me and I stumbled to grab on to the wall

 “Dang, you good?” Prince asked me, holding me up and walking me to the kitchen table. 

“Yeah, I’m just feeling really lightheaded,” I told him. He stared at me for a long time before sighing. 

“When’s the last time you ate?” He asked me. 

“Well, Tasia grandma made breakfast-” 

“Did you actually eat it?” He interrupted, slitting his eyes. I had to think about it. My mouth opened and closed like a fish’s. 

“That’s what I thought! So, you’re gonna eat, even if I have to force feed you!” Prince told me. He was really creative. He found a jar of peanut butter, hot dog buns, and a few packets of jelly from McDonald’s. It was a make shift PB and J. 

“We’re gonna sit here until you eat the majority of your sandwich,” he claimed. I looked at him and he sat down in front of me, waiting patiently. Ugh, what is this? I rolled my eyes and started eating. It really did taste better than it looked. When I had eaten most of the sandwich, Prince smiled proudly. 

“Now, go put on some pants,” he ordered. 

“Uhh...this is my house, I’ll walk around pants-less if I want to, and I want to so...”  I smirked. 

“Fine,” he groaned. We walked to the living room and sat in silence for a while. I looked down at my hands as waves of sadness washed over me again. I grimaced as I thought about Tasia. I wonder how she is, I thought to myself.  

“Ava, if I told you the reason you had so many missed calls from me was because Roc was trying to call you, would you be mad?” Prince asked me, interrupting my thoughts. My heart leapt for joy at the mention of his name. He wants to talk to me! 

“No. But why would he try calling me on your phone? And why did you leave all the voicemails?” I asked, completely covering up my excited-ness. 

“He thinks you wouldn’t answer if it was him calling,” Prince shrugged. I would so answer! 

“But I would answer. I want to see him so badly. I kinda wanted him to be there with me at the hospital,” I confessed. I arched a brow as Prince looked at me skeptically. 

“What?” I asked. 

“You don’t seem like the type to forgive so easily,” he said nonchalantly. 

“But I should be sorry, not the other way around. I mean, I am the one that didn’t tell him about Javier, even though we didn’t do anything...” 

“Wow, he has complete control over you,” Prince joked playfully. He was laughing at his own joke but I actually thought about it. Why should I feel bad? I don’t have to tell him everything! I’ve become such a submissive person to him! I furrowed my eyebrows and pouted. 

“Oh and Roc might be here anytime now,” Prince added last minute. My eyes widened as I looked down at my appearance. 

“Prince!” I growled angrily, “I look ugly,” I whined. 

“Well you always look that way-” I threw a pillow at his face before he could continue calling me ugly. 

“Shut up,” I laughed. He threw the pillow back at me and it hit me straight in the face.