Part 12

I stared at Marcus wide-eyed. I was not ready to speak to him again. 

“You two know each other?” Santana asked. 

“Yeah, that’s my other daughter,” he said, smiling slightly. I scowled a little. I was guessing Santana was his step kid or something. . . So, I kicked my step sister’s ass. . .alright. 

“Your daughter? She’s the one that messed up my nose,” Santana whined. I tried not to laugh at that. 

“What are you doing with Tia?” Marcus asked. 

“I don’t know if here’s the best place to talk about it. . .” I trailed off, looking down at Tia. Her eyes were all over the place, I doubt she was even paying attention. 

“Well, why don’t you stop by for dinner tonight? We’ll talk then,” Marcus smiled. I really, really, really didn’t want to but it was for Tia’s sake. 

“Um, I don’t know about all that,” I told him, giving him a hard stare. He looked down a little before nodding his head slowly. Don’t do it! You’re too nice, don’t do it! 

“Okay, only for her though,” I agreed referring to Tia. Shit, you did it! 

“What, you’re too good for us?” Santana asked. I rubbed my nose with my middle finger, accidentally flipping her off. Stupid girl doesn’t know how hard I’m trying not to lose it right now. She glared at me. 

“Keep glaring at me, and your face is gonna stay like that,” I laughed to myself. She’d look like a constipated kitten. Marcus coughed awkwardly. 

“I’ll just give you our contact info,” He said. I nodded my head slowly and he gave me his number. 

Later that day I dialed Marcus’ number, but made sure my number was private. I got the address and headed out with Tia. 

“Where are you going?” My dad asked. 

“Dinner,” I replied. I hadn’t told him, or anyone for that matter, about Marcus. 

“We’re gonna go eat with Santy and Marc-” I covered Tia’s mouth before she could say anything else. 

“Her cousin Santana and uncle Marc. . .” I trailed off. “Anyway, gotta go!” I left quickly. 

“You almost blew our cover, big mouth!” I told Tia as we pulled out of the drive way. 

“Well, excuse me!” She sassed back. I laughed. When we got to their house, I was impressed. It wasn’t huge or anything, but it had to be one of the cutest houses ever. 

“This is gonna be interesting,” I told Tia after ringing the doorbell. She nodded. 

“I got your back!” She giggled. I giggled with her. Then the door opened. Marcus pulled me into a hug and I was surprised he didn’t freaking reek of alcohol. I tried to wiggle free. Who the hell does he think he is, hugging me like that? 

“Come in,” he smiled. Tia walked in the house like she owned the place and ran into a girl her size. 

“Tia!” The girl squealed. 

“Jayla!” Tia squealed back, hugging the little girl. I smiled a little before following Marcus into the kitchen. A very gorgeous woman with long brown hair turned around and smiled her blinding smile at me. Like, I needed shades, seriously. 

“You must be Ava! Gosh, you’re gorgeous!” She hugged me. I couldn’t not hug this woman back, she was too kind. “I’m Michelle,” she introduced herself. She led me to the table so we could sit and talk.