Part 14

Now that I felt Chres and I were okay again, my mood was a little lifted. I was visiting Tia before I had to go to Atlanta for work. 

“Yo Ava! Wassup baby!” Tia giggled as she greeted me. If this girl wasn’t corny, then I don’t know what corny is. 

“Hey!” I smiled. “What’s up pretty girl?” I asked.

“Aw stop it!” She gushed in response to my compliment.She sounds just like me. 

“How’s living here lately?” I asked her. 

“Awesome! Mom never. . .” she trailed off as she started talking about her mother. I could tell she never liked talking about her mom, but sometimes it just slipped. 

“Anyway!” I said brightly, changing the subject, “How are those grades?” I asked. 

“I don’t know! My english teacher is a bitch!” She told me. My jaw dropped. Where did she learn to say that?

“Hey!” I laughed, “Watch the language or me and you are gonna box!” 

“Let’s go then!” She giggled. It was weird how fast she was growing up. Her mind was so complex for her to be five and a half. Then again, she was probably five and three-fourths now. 

“Well, I’m probably gonna be gone for like two weeks or so, but I’ll visit you as soon as I get back!” I told her. She kissed me on my cheek. 

“Okay, but you better answer my computer telephone call thingy!” She told me feistily. I rolled my eyes playfully. 

“Alright, I’ll see you soon!” I smiled at her. I stood up and saw Marcus standing in the doorway. 

“You guys are the cutest pair of cousins,” he laughed. I laughed with him. 

“She’s just a little ball of sunshine,” I smiled. 

“Reminds me of you when you were her age.” I grinned. 

“We do have some memories, don’t we dad- uh, Marcus?” I had to correct myself quickly before he noticed. I was slipping. 

“What’d you call me?” He asked, smiling. I scowled. 

“Nothing! Can’t be late for my flight, gotta go!” I sped out of the door and towards my car. 

Before I went to the airport, I stopped at a convenient store because I was thirsty. When I walked in, I saw a pregnant girl, she looked about my age and who I was assuming was her boyfriend. 

“Why are you such a bitch all the damn time?” The guy grumbled. I know, eavesdropping is bad, but who doesn’t do it? 

“Why am I a bitch? Um, maybe because I’m carrying a bunch of weight inside of me! My fucking uterus hurts like a bitch and all you do is sit around on your ass. My tits hurt! Like what the fuck! My tits hurt so bad I want to cut them off. Oh, and you’re an asshole. I can’t believe I had sex with you, you fucking douche bag,” she kinda went off on him. I was laughing to myself until he grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the shelf behind them. Should I help? I watched as he raised his fist, like he was about to hit her. I walked towards them and tripped on “accident” so they noticed me. I fell, and a couple of candy bars fell with me. 

“Ow,” I groaned as something fell on my head. 

“Shit! You okay?” I noticed the guy walking off as the girl approached me. I got up and nodded. 

“Yep, just a little clumsy,” I lied. She laughed. 

“Yo, I should’ve gotten that on camera,” she giggled, her New York accent heavy. I made a face.