Twenty-three

If you are still accepting them, can you write a drabble about what happened after the kiss in Naruto? I kinda find it hard to believe that Hinata was able to stay sane after the kiss?

"Hinata, hang on to me. Don't let go."

They blasted through the barrier, past the floating orbs that contained memories of both their separate childhoods. Hinata looked down at the stream, the receding dream bubbles breaking but still reflecting light and twinkling in the dark.

Then they were both up in the air, the moon behind them a spectacular backdrop for what could only be their first kiss.

She watched as his eyes closed and Naruto leaned in, lowered his face towards hers as she closed her eyes, too.

She felt his lips press against hers, his hands on her cheeks, gently cradling her jaw.

And somehow, Hinata managed to hold on to her sanity because how could she not, after his clearly expressed vow to her?

She heard his words again...

"Hinata, back when we were at school, when we were asked who we'd like to spend our last day with if the moon were to hit the earth? I didn't know who to write down then. I didn't know my parents and I didn't have friends. But now there's clearly somebody for me. I want to be with you forever. From now on. Until I die. Now I know, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Hinata."

How in the world would she be able to face him if she didn't remain conscious and accept the feelings he wanted so much to convey to her?

She could only receive them and keep them in her heart.

When he pulled back, his eyes were concerned, but his hands were still on her face and she couldn't help but smile at him. He smiled back, the love so clear in his eyes now.

It hadn't been there before, but this kiss they just shared erased his doubts because he knew that she would never leave him again.

When Hinata had made the decision to sacrifice herself in order to save Hanabi, he'd been filled with grief when she'd said nothing to his confession, thrust the red scarf she'd painstakingly knitted into his hands, and walked into Toneri's arms.

Now that he knew what it had cost her to make that heart-breaking decision, he understood that what they'd just gone through on this moon mission would change everything.

This kiss, the first of what he hoped of many more, was filled with his resolve.

It was the gentlest of caresses, but it carried the weight of a promise—a promise to love her the way only he could.

And to Hinata, the kiss was better than her dreams because she would forever remember the warmth of his lips that had pressed against hers—the sign of a vibrant, living, breathing man.

Hers.

Finally hers.

She continued meeting his gaze.

There would be no more fainting for her. She was clear-headed and conscious in the face of Naruto's bright, open smile.

And somehow, he was leaning in again, her own lips meeting up to meet his halfway because now, somebody she loved with all her heart was finally loving her back.