Fifty-nine

Hiiiii I recently thought of a fluffy Drabble idea, maybe Hinata kissing and hugging naruto's prosthetic arm, bc he's insecure that it looks ugly (maybe without the bandages, however you want) but she says she loves it either way!

Desperate times called for desperate measures.

Hinata fought her embarrassment and shyly looked into his eyes, slowly fluttered her eyelashes in what she hoped was a flirty enough manner, closed her eyes, then pursed her lips. She hoped that he would understand what she was silently asking for as she tilted her head up.

She heard him chuckle softly and Naruto shifted on the chair, leaned forward, and touched his lips to hers.

It was a cardinal sin, she knew, but he was being stubborn and just wouldn't listen.

So when he'd been so focused on kissing her, Hinata activated her byakugan and hit one of Naruto's tenketsu points—the one that immobilized him completely.

"I'm sorry, Naruto," she whispered against his lips and then pulled back.

Unable to move, he could only glare at her when he realized what she'd done.

"Hinata! You tricked me!" he yelled, but she smiled when she heard the admiring tone in his voice.

"You won't sit still and you won't let me help you with your arm," she explained patiently as she started unwrapping the bandage wound around his upper arm. "I had to resort to this."

Still, he sighed. "God, Hinata," he whispered, his tone embarrassed and tortured.

His arm.

She knew he was still sensitive about it. No matter how many times she'd try to reassure him, he wouldn't let her help him.

But she could be just as stubborn as he was.

And him being the type who valued actions over words, she'd resorted to trickery to finally show him how much she really didn't care about the part he still considered ugly and shameful.

The eyes looking back at her were worried and anxious, but there was nothing he could do because he couldn't move, wouldn't be able to hide himself from her.

As if he ever could.

She was the person who knew him the most intimately, and she knew that he would never be able to hide anything from her.

She unrolled the dirty bandages and placed them to the side. Then she glanced back into his face, still tight with uncertainty.

And Hinata felt her embarrassment leave her as she grabbed hold of his jaw and pressed her lips over his mouth. "I love you," she whispered. "I love everything about you."

She kissed the side of his neck, then at the shoulder exposed by his rolled-up sleeves. Then she kissed his arm right at the seam where human flesh met his prosthetic arm.

His breath left him, and she looked at him still with the smile on her face. "You are beautiful, Naruto. To me, you will always be beautiful because of your scars. You saved us all, and this arm, these scars," she said as she pressed her lips right against his unbandaged arm. "They're all part of you and will never leave you."

She took his hand and kissed the top of it, grabbed the other one, and rubbed reassuringly at both of them. She looked up again and met his gaze as she whispered, "So you might as well accept the fact that I love them. I don't understand why you would feel ashamed of these hands because they've given us the chance to live."

Then she brought both of them up and pressed them to her cheeks, still meeting the intense gaze of his eyes, which she was happy to see were no longer anxious.

"Naruto, I don't see ugliness. I only see beauty."

Then Hinata leaned in and hugged him. As she did, she activated her byakugan again and hit him at the spot two inches above his right shoulder blade.

When he realized he could move again, Naruto crushed her to him, as Hinata knew he would.

He buried his face against her hair and whispered, "Thank you, Hinata. I love you."

"There's no shame here, Naruto. There's only love and gratitude for your sacrifice."

He nodded and said nothing more as he fought to calm his emotions.

She then pulled back and looked up to see his face smiling at her.

"Now, will you let me help you clean your arm?"

He sighed, and this time, deeply—finally accepting that she was going to help him do it from here on out.

She smiled at him. "Good. I'm glad I finally got you to see reason."

And Naruto laughed, feeling lighter than before she'd unwrapped those bandages around his arm.

The shame drained away from him, only to be replaced by her constant, unconditional love.