Fifty-six

Okay! Here it is: If Neji and Naruto's parents were alive, can you make a drabble with there reactions to Hinata pregnant

plus 

If I could ask for a minor follow up, how about we see Minato and Kushina's reaction to learning they're about to be grandparents? ;-)

"Hinata, let me get that," Naruto called to her as she grabbed the bag from the hallway.

"Oh!" Hinata exclaimed but then she smiled when Naruto solicitously took the shopping bag full of sweets they were going to bring to their parents' homes. "Thank you, Naruto."

His frown was a little worried. "Hinata, you can't overexert yourself. It's not good for the baby."

She laughed. "I don't think carrying bags of sembei is going to sap me of energy, Naruto. They're so light! But I'll let you hold on to that until we get to your parents' house then. I can't wait to tell Kushina the news."

Naruto groaned, expecting his mother to be deliriously ecstatic to find out she was going to be a grandmother.

Sure enough, when they'd settled in for the unexpected visit at his parents' living room and Naruto had made his announcement, his mother had stood up abruptly and screamed, "A baby?! You're going to have a baby?!"

Minato winced as Kushina turned to him first and hugged him, her arms almost cutting off his breathing because she was so overjoyed. "Minato, grandchildren! Argh! Oh my god! Grandchildren! Grandchildren!"

"Yes, dear," Minato mumbled as he tried to breathe.

Then she abruptly left him, rushed forward, and took Hinata's hands into her own, her eyes spilling over with happy tears, causing the younger woman to tear up, too.

"I'm so happy, Kushina," Hinata said.

"Hinata, me too!" Kushina sniffed and then gently, so as not to hurt the baby, she leaned in and hugged Hinata. They continued embracing each other, crying and laughing at the same time.

Unsurprisingly, Minato was much calmer and beamed at his son. "Congratulations, Naruto. All I want is for the baby to be born healthy. I can't wait to meet him or her in a few months!"

Then he also walked over and gave Naruto a fierce hug. Naruto leaned into the hug and grinned. "Thanks, Dad!"

Minato laid a hand on Naruto's shoulder and said, "It's a huge responsibility to raise a child, and the first few months will be tough, especially for Hinata. So you need to be there to help her as much as you can."

Naruto nodded. "I already know, Dad, and I promised to do my share of the work."

Minato smiled. "Good! And your mother and I are here to help out as much as we can and as much as you want us to."

Naruto laughed. "Oh, don't worry, when we're sleep-deprived, we'll probably take you guys up on that offer."

His father laughed. "I have a feeling that you'll have more helping hands, too. I take it you guys are heading off to Hinata's after your visit here?"

Naruto glanced over to his mother and grinned. Then he looked back at his father. "Yeah, if only Mom would let her go."

But nobody faulted Kushina for being overjoyed with the news.

They left an hour later and headed for the Hyuuga compound.

Hanabi didn't even let them into the house before exclaiming, "Onee-sama! You're pregnant!"

Her byakugan was activated.

Naruto grinned at Hinata, and she met his eyes with a chagrined smile.

"See? I told you," Naruto said. "I knew there was no way we could hide it from them."

"Hanabi, let them come in first before you announce to the whole world this very private news," Hiashi said as he stepped out into the entranceway to greet them.

But the smile on her father's face was pleased.

Neji was waiting, too. "Hanabi, I think the whole neighborhood heard you."

"But Neji-niisama! I'm going to be an aunt—the coolest aunt ever!" Hanabi called out as she hugged her sister, then Naruto, and then ushered them all into the house.

Hiashi nodded quietly to himself as his children chattered, debated over the sex of the child, and some possible baby names. He was content and serenely happy for everyone and looking forward to seeing his first grandchild.

"No, Hanabi," Hinata insisted as her sister got carried away. "I don't care if you love shrimp. We are not naming this child Ebizou."

"But imagine, Nee-sama, we can call him or her Ebi-chan," Hanabi said. She cupped her hand sideways over her mouth and pretended to be calling her imaginary niece/nephew. "Ebi-chan! Come get your snacks and then tell your Hanabi-neechan you love her!"

They all laughed, imagining it.

"I'm with Hinata, Hanabi. I don't think I can say Ebi-chan with a straight face," Neji said as he shook his head and then smiled at his cousin. "I'm very happy for you guys, Hinata."

Then he shifted his glance to Naruto and his eyes became more mischievous. "But I really hope this child is more Hyuuga than Uzumaki, though. I don't think I can handle another rambunctious addition to the family."

Naruto laughed. He wasn't offended at all.

Family, he thought as he thought of his parents they'd met earlier today and then looked at the Hyuugas smiling at him, at Hinata by his side, and the little bump on her tummy that would only grow bigger.

But Neji was intruding again into his thoughts. He met Neji's solemn gaze across the table. "Naruto, whatever you need, just name it. We'll all be here for you and Hinata. And the baby, of course."

"Thanks, Neji," Naruto said softly. "I will."

The two of them smiled at each other.

Yes.

Family.