Seventy-two

My request was if you can write how Naruto tells boruto and himawari about how he and hinata got together. Like the last and Naruto exaggerating it while he is unaware that hinata is listening

"So then there was this giant explosion and all those puppets rained down from the sky. There were about five hundred—no, a thousand—wooden puppets coming apart from the one rasen-shuriken I hit them with," Naruto was saying.

Hinata, hidden from view, pressed her hand more firmly over her mouth to keep from laughing aloud. She leaned back against the wall of the hallway and listened to Naruto tell his story. The three of them were on the living room floor, the forgotten crayons and toys scattered on the carpet. The kids were sitting rapt, attention focused on their father's animated face as he told them of their moon mission, all those years ago.

She knew she should probably step in and help him tell a more precise version of their story, but she didn't want to ruin his fun.

"Papa! You are so cool!"

Boruto only snorted and mumbled something that Hinata couldn't hear. Then his tone disbelieving, he asked, "And then? What happened after that?"

"Then we found out later that Hanabi-neechan got kidnapped and taken to the moon by a very bad character named Toneri. Shikamaru, Sai, Sakura, your mother, and I were assigned to rescue her and bring her back. It took us days and days trying to get to the moon, but you know what? On the way, I single-handedly punched a giant crab and kept everyone from being eaten."

Eaten?

Hinata frowned, not liking the direction of this story. Sakura did the punching—and with the help of Sai and Shikamaru, too. Plus, Naruto hadn't even been there!

"Then this puppet version of Toneri tried to grab your mom, too, but I stepped in. I punched him a whole bunch of times, crushed him to little bits, and rescued her before he could get to her."

Himawari sighed. "Is that how she fell in love with you, Papa?"

"No, Himawari. She loved me already before that, she was just waiting for me to realize it, and when I did and told her, the timing wasn't right. Toneri came and grabbed her before I could stop him. He took her to some castle—"

"A castle!" Boruto interjected. "On the moon?!"

"Yes, Boruto. In that castle, your Mom was imprisoned by Toneri-the-jerk, but she was fine when we got to her. Of course, I rescued her again."

Hinata folded her arms and shook her head. Naruto seemed to have skipped a whole bunch of important details in this part of the story.

"That doesn't sound like Kaa-chan! She doesn't just wait!" Boruto protested and Hinata smiled to herself.

But Himawari was squealing. "Oh, how romantic, Papa!"

"Okay, okay. Maybe a few things happened before we finally got into that castle to rescue both your mother and Hanabi-neechan. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that Kurama and I fought a giant Toneri, who grew into this monster the size of a planet. He also had this sword that cracked the moon in half."

"Woah, Toneri had a sword?! That is so awesome!" Boruto squealed.

"Wait! Whose side are you on? I'm the hero of this story!"

"Tou-chan, come on! A sword!"

Naruto snorted, but Himawari urged him to continue with the story, "Then what happened with Mama after that?"

Himawari squealed and Hinata knew it was because Naruto had grabbed her, sat her on his lap, and hugged their daughter, who was giggling now.

"After my fight with Toneri, that's where we told each other we loved each other, and I knew she was the only woman for me. On the way back to earth, I knew I wanted to marry your mother and be with her forever."

Himawari sighed dreamily. "Oh, Papa. I love this story so much. You're such a hero and Mama's such a beautiful princess."

"Himawari!" Boruto yelled out. "Don't believe everything he says! There's something fishy about his story."

"Fishy?!" Naruto screeched. "It happened exactly the way I just said."

"No way!"

"But Nii-chan," Himawari interrupted. "It's a love story. And it's Mama's and Papa's love story. I don't care as long as they're together in the end."

That's right, Hinata thought to herself as she smiled. She finally showed herself, walking into the living room to join her family.

"Mama!" Himawari called out when she saw her. She scrambled off Naruto's lap and ran to give her a hug.

Hinata lifted her up and brought her close to her chest. "What have you guys been doing?"

Himawari twinkled at her. "Papa told us the most wonderful story!"