Fifty-seven

Okay but, Naruto accidentally walking in on Hinata in the shower during the time they first moved in together

"I swear, Hinata!" he said as he placed a hand over his heart. "I didn't know you were in the shower."

Hinata stood in the bedroom, the large towel wrapped around her did nothing to stop the dripping from her still-wet body because she'd had to hastily walk out in the middle of her shower to scold him.

She'd been minding her own business washing her hair, trying to get rid of the dirt that had lodged into the strands during her mission today, when he'd suddenly walked in and opened the door to the bathroom.

Hinata had shrieked with surprise to see him standing there with a huge grin on his face.

She wiped at the water that dripped into her eyes then glared at him now because she knew that no matter how many times he protested, he'd done it deliberately and not accidentally as he claimed.

"Naruto! You must have heard the shower was on? Who else did you think was in there?"

"Well, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a random stranger who walked in, don't you know?"

She sighed angrily. "Naruto, what random stranger walks into another person's shower and uses it?!"

"Okay, Hinata, it's totally possible! There are some really weird people out there," Naruto soldiered on with his excuse. "I had to check, right? If it had really been a random stranger then you'd be in danger!"

"Naruto!" she yelled in annoyance, and half laughing now because it was just so absurd. "I'm a shinobi with a byakugan. I think I can handle this phantom stranger who desperately wants to use your shower."

He blushed, realizing he was being ridiculous. Still, it wouldn't do to admit to her why he'd been drawn to the bathroom when he heard the water running.

"Hinata, it really was an accident! I didn't know you were taking a shower."

"Nice try," she said, her tone clearly disbelieving. She shook her head then folded her arms under her chest. "What was the real reason you walked into the bathroom?"

The action immediately drew his attention. Naruto couldn't help but stare at her chest because her crossed arms pushed up her breasts and had them almost spilling out of the towel.

"Naruto!"

"Sorry! Force of habit," he said as he raised his hands up in apology.

"Naruto, really!" she yelled with an exasperated laugh now as she uncrossed her arms and clutched at the towel. "I just want to shower in peace without you walking in! Please don't tell me this is going to happen again."

Wisely, he held his silence and widened his eyes innocently at her—because he wasn't going to promise her anything.

"God, Naruto," she muttered when she saw that look. "Why do you make me want to strangle you and kiss you at the same time?!"

He grinned at her in response. "Because you love me?"

"Unfortunately!" she said with a frustrated humph, but the smile crept back onto her face.

But he only crossed the distance and hugged her, uncaring that her hair was dripping water all over her towel and onto the floor.

"Okay," he whispered into her ear when he felt her wrap her arms around him and her hands meet at his back. "I fully admit that I wanted to see you taking a shower, which is why I walked in."

She sighed. "I knew it."

"Hinata, come on," he said as he drew back and looked at her. "You knew this was bound to happen when you agreed to move in with me, right?"

Hinata laughed, giving up on holding on to her anger because he was right. "I did, Naruto. But I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. I only moved in yesterday!"