Chapter 7: Desire to kill

Third Person's POV

The pair of Master and servant quickly travel and change their routes so that they can possibly reach Carrion's house earlier than their original plan time. 

They never cared what dangerous things awaited them in changing their original plan of routes. 

None of the two expected that the consequences of this unplanned journey will lead them to the battlefield.

Aya was dumbfounded when she realized that they have to get through this massive number of knights and soldiers to be able to reach the Castillan Kingdom. The distance between their current place and the Castillan Empire isn't that far but it feels like it's miles and miles away.

******

Aya's POV

"M'Lady, how are we going to get through this?" I asked while staring at the people in front of us fully armored.

If we had known that the war between the Satie Empire and Castillan Kingdom happens here maybe.. just maybe we could have avoided this...

Lumingon ako sa gawi nya pero parang wala lang itong kibo habang nakayuko. Wait..

Her shoulder... Is she trembling? Is she afraid?

No. That's not gonna happen. I've been her closest aid for years. I know this kind of thing won't even put  a single drop of fear in her.

I'm afraid that isn't fear.

Binalik ko na lang muna ang tingin ko sa aking harapan. Pakiramdam ko mas kumakabog ang dibdib ko sa posibleng kayang gawin ng tao sa tabi ko kaysa sa ilang libong army na ito.

We are currently in the border between these two empires. Hindi pa nagsisimula ang labanan dahil mukhang naghahanda pa ang mga ito. 

This people in front of us are probably from the Satie Empire and obviously there's another group of people on the other side which is under the Castillan Kingdom.

Fortunately, they aren't facing us. We're still pretty far from them so they won't be able to notice our presence here. 

"We shouldn't waste our time here. We must continue now." Mabilis akong lumingon sa gawi nito. Kinain nanaman ako ng kaba nang makabuluhan itong ngumiti sa akin. 

"B-but my lady. We'll be in trouble kapag pinilit nating dumaan dito." Ngarag ko pang suhestyon dito.

"No. We don't have a choice." Of course we have my lady dahil pwede naman tayong dumaan sa ibang ruta. I know you're just trying to satisfy your desires but still restraining yourself.

I can clearly see how those eyes of yours sparkled at the thought of engaging into battles and killings. I can clearly see you longed to see people bath in their own blood, My Lady. 

This situation seems interesting to you because you were shaking in excitement not because you're afraid.

"We will try to negotiate with these empires" Dugtong pa nito.

I doubt this would go as you say. 

You never negotiate after all...

You just kill mercilessly.