Chapter 25

Note: Ayazumi at Aya ay iisang tao lang pi Oki? Ayazumi ang complete name niya. Also, Yveria once called her Ayazumi before, nasa Chapter 15 po. Salamuch!

*************
Ayazumi's POV

A monster? Like those creatures, we've met in the black forest?

Damn!

I immediately checked the carriage and it's a relief that Ms. Yveria is still here, sleeping.

"Kid, what are you doing come on!" Leonel shouted at mabilis naman akong lumabas ng karwahe. Iniwan ko sa loob ang pagkain na dala ko.

Lady Yveria is resting. This could be a good opportunity to work out my muscles since it's starting to rust.

"Is there still someone inside?" Leonel asked.

"None, Sir. Where is the safe area?" Tanong ko rito. I shouldn't tell him that Lady Yveria was still inside.  If I disturb her, I'm afraid I'll leave this world sooner than I expected.

"Safe area is near the adventurers' carriage. Come on let's go." Aligagang sabi nito.

I can hear explosions and loud roaring. What type of Monster is that?

Nang makarating kami sa sinasabing safe area nandon na lahat ng mechants pati narin ang mga horseman. I can only see five adventurers here, guarding these people. The other five must be fighting that monster.

"Sister, aren't you scared?" Leonel's son asked me.

"You scared?"  Malumanay na tanong ko dito. This thing doesn't scare me a little bit.

"Yes, sister. I'm afraid the monster might eat me and my papa." Humihikbing sagot nito. Sir Leonel instantly comforted his son and hugged him.

"Shhhh tahan na tahan na. Don't worry about it son. We will be safe. The adventurers will defeat that monster for sure." Leonel said while tapping his son's back.

Now, the atmosphere is getting intense as the loud explosions gets near. Rinig ko nang nagkakagulo ang mga adventurers. Merchants were also making a noise and it's annoying lalo na nang marinig ko ang pagrereklamo ng Hubert na iyon.

"What is wrong with all of you!? Why can't you defeat that one f*cking monster!? Binabayaran namin kayo para protektahan kami! My son is getting extremely terrified! Why can't you do something with that ugly creature!" Hubert angrily said.

Why can't he just comfort his child, as Sir Leonel did? This muscle head merchant.

Now, I should find a way to sneak into a battlefield. This is a rare chance.

"We've been fooled! It's not just a low-level monster! The captain ordered to evacuate the merchants as soon as possible!" An adventurer shouted as he run towards us.

Humahangos itong lumapit sa limang adventurers na nagbabantay dito. He's holding a sword and has visible bruises and wounds all over his body. His sword, like him, was already wasted.

"Merden and Larry are dead! We should leave this place!" Parang nababaliw na sigaw nito. That makes the merchants go crazy even more.

"We shouldn't die here!"

"Protect us! We paid you!"

"Yes! Your job is to protect us! Get us out of here you bastards!"

Ilan lang yan sa protesta ng mga ito.

"Shut the f*ck up! You f*cking merchants aren't helping! Who cares about your money huh if you are going to die?" Galit na asik ng Isa sa mga adventurers. He's holding a scepter that has purple stone on its top. He must be a magician.

Good. Continue arguing. I was about to leave when Leonel grabbed my arm.

"Where do you think you're going, kid?" Seryosong tanong nito.

"I forgot something in the carriage." I reasoned out.

"Is that thing more valuable to you than your life? Can't you see how perilous our situation is?" He asked seriously as if he was going to scold his daughter for being stubborn.

"Yes. It is. I'll be careful." Sabi ko dito.

"You hardheaded kid. Bilisan mo lang." He's worried about me? I'm a stranger, how could he treat me nicely? Geez, I'll worry about that later.

I left quickly and sneak carefully into the place where the other adventurers are fighting with the monster. I made sure na walang nakapansin sa akin dito.

The roaring became more deafening and rough as I got closer. Rinig ko na rin ang daing at mabibigat ba paghinga ng mga adventurers na lumalaban dito.

Sh*t! That's some kind of monster, was it not? I've never seen one before in the black forest. Its massive size can send chills down my spine. It has a crocodile head, lion front legs and torso, and hippopotamus back legs and tail. How can such a thing exist?

I unsheathed my katana. I ain't helping those adventurers. I just want a new experience since this creature is new to me.

I have to observe its strengths and weaknesses first.

This monster is being fought by only three adventurers. They can't even hit it in the body. Its defensive lines are strong; one wrong move then you're his dinner. Those razor-sharp teeth will undoubtedly separate the body into pieces. Its front and back legs are undeniably heavy and powerful. The height is even more terrifying; it's equivalent to the height of a three-story building.

Malinaw na dehado na ang tatlong ito.

"Balix! Attempt to get to the back of this f*cking monster. We will cover your back. You should infiltrate his chest and attack him from within. That section will undoubtedly be permeable! Did you hear what I said? Go!" Sigaw ng isang lalaki.

"Yes, Captain!" Sagot ng kabilang panig. That captain must be a swordsman and so as Balix. The other one is a berserker because he's holding a double-headed axe and relies more on his strength.

Balix was able to reach the monster's back while the captain and berserker's attacks served as a distraction. Idiots, f*cking idiots. Attacking before even anticipating their opponent's moves. Para lang silang bola na bumabanda sa pader.

Balix is now going to sneak into its chest, while the monster is going to deafeningly roar again. These scumbags aren't aware that it roars every 5 minutes, and the next roar will undoubtedly pierce the ears of those who are in close proximity to him(monster).

I began to notice it while I was still in the 'safe area.' It roars not only to frighten his foes, but also to gradually weaken their defenses, and I am convinced that the next roar will be lethal. 

Now...5,4,3,2..1

I instantly hid behind the trees, covering my ears.

*ROOOOAAAAARRR*

Pagkatapos ay tumayo na ulit ako, checking the situation and I wasn't wrong. The monster blew away the adventurers, including Balix from behind.

It soon opens its mouth again, at parang may kung anong namumuo sa loob ng bunganga nito.

Is that a fire? Oh f*ck!

As Ms. Yveria once stated, you should always read your opponents before attacking. You have no idea how capable they are of killing you.