Chapter 16

Third Person's POV

(Still at the Castillan Kingdom)

"Your Majesty, the Knights couldn't find Duke Gra--
Natigil sa pag sasalita ang sekretarya nang biglang bumukas pintuan ng silid and a man in his 40's came in.

It's Duke Laurice Grant. The palace historian. Laurice came from the direct lineage of the Grant Family who served the first Emperor of Castillan Kingdom. His ancestors were also one of the loyal subordinates of the previous Emperors. The important records of the palace events and it's history since it was founded was entrusted to the Grant Family since their innate special abilities is to store any information they read or see, saan mang bagay ay pwede nilang itago o ipunin ang mga ito. Nasa pangangalaga nila ang lahat ng impormasyon na iyon at walang sino mang hindi nagtataglay ng dugong Grant  ang pwedeng magmana o makapagbukas ng  mga records na iyon.

"I'm here, Your Majesty. I deeply apologize for the late arrival."  Then the historian bowed as a sign of respect and also for an apology for not coming as soon as the Emperor called for him.

The Emperor didn't ask anything and just ignored it since he trusted him and there are more important things to discuss.

The secretary told Laurice to sit on the white five-seater sofa with gold linings while the Emperor is standing near the widely open window.

"Dillon, leave us for a moment. May kailangan lang kaming pag-usapan ni Laurice privately." Utos ng Emperor sa kanyang sekretarya na agad naman nitong sinunod.

"Laurice, narinig mo na ba ang tungkol sa taong naging sanhi ng agarang pagkapanalo ng ating hukbo nitong nakaraang gyera?" Tanong ng Emperor habang nakaharap parin sa malaking bintana ng silid kung saan matatanaw ang kabuuan ng capital ng kanyang Emperyo.

"Your Majesty, ang tinutukoy nyo po ba ay ang taong nagmamay-ari ng metal na bagay na iyon?" -Laurice said, calling Yveria's gun as a metal thing.

"Oo."

"Ginawa mo na ba ang iniutos ko sayo?" Dugsong na tanong ng hari.

"I already did, Your Majesty. Ngunit wala po akong nakita na kahit ano mang impormasyong related sa taong yon o kahit sa metal na gamit na iyon." Laurice seriously said.

"I checked all the records and documents pero wala po talaga." Dugsong pa nito.

"There's something unusual with that girl, Laurice. How come she possesses those unrecognizable weapons and even tons of gold?" Naghihinalang lintanya ng hari.

"What do you mean, Your Majesty?" Takang tanong naman ni Laurice dahil di niya makuha ang ibig sabihin ng sinasabi nitong tons of gold.

"Nandito ang taong yon ngayon sa palasyo. I called for her and tried to offer a thousand gold coins but I never thought she owns gold bars."

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ni Laurice dahil only the palace and well-known aristocrats can have the bars of gold.

"Does his Majesty mean that that person who possesses that metal weapon also has gold bars and is now here in the palace?" Paglilinaw na tanong nito.

"Yes, and I made an agreement with her." The Emperor casually said.

"But Your Majesty, owning bars of gold is strictly prohibited and against the palace rules if they aren't noble." Lintanya ng historian.

"We can't arrest and lock her in the dungeon now since we don't know if she is one of my citizens from the countryside and we still don't know anything about her. If we ever make a wrong move, a gem might turn into a calamity." - Emperor

Umalis na sa pagkatanaw sa bintana ang Emperor at lumingon kay Laurice.

"In exchange for the metal weapon that doesn't need to release mana, she demands a private talk to the person who knows everything she wanted to ask with regards to the history of Gods and Goddesses of this world...

And that's you, Laurice." The Emperor directly stared at Laurice's eyes as if he's telling him that his only option is a 'Yes' whatever the command is.

Animo'y niyakap ng malamig na hangin ang buong pagkatao ng historian. Nalilito kung saan ba sya dapat matakot at kabahan, sa haharapin nyang tao na hindi nya kilala  o sa haring pakiramdam nya ay nahumaling sa espesyal na armas na iyon.

"Laurice, matagal ka ng historian sa palasyong ito. I know your ability in that field is outstanding." The ruler said and walks towards him.

Laurice didn't speak dahil parang nakukuha na nya ang ibig sabihin ng hari.

"She is our important visitor today, we don't know how strong she is but we need her weapon to strengthen our military state. No matter what happens, you shouldn't disappoint her. This is our chance to make our nation a safer place to live and also to stop that bastard from conquering weak small nations near our territory." Lintanya nito ng nasa harapan na ng historian.

"I'm counting on you, Laurice." The Emperor seriously said and patted the historian's shoulder.

Sa unang tingin at dinig ay parang sinasabi nito na "ikaw ang inaasahan ko" ngunit sa paningin ni Laurice ay isa itong banta sa kanyang buhay at isa lang ang dapat nyang piliin.

"Yes, Your Majesty. " Laurice responds quickly, unable to think a safe way out of this.