Chapter 24

Ayazumi's POV

"The captain said, we're going to camp and spend the night here." The horseman of our carriage announced.

As of the moment, we are using this carriage as a mode of transportation to reach My Lady's house. Ms. Yve is surely wealthy even in this world. Though I'm sure she doesn't need money from this world because what she owns from our previous world is more than enough.

The one he(horseman) called captain is the commander of the group of adventurers who are escorting us or should I say these merchants. Something like a guard or protector hired by merchants to ensure their safety until they reach their destination. So if the bandit and monsters attack, merchants will be safe because adventurers were here to fight for them.

Nirentahan ni Ms. Yveria ang karwahe na ito para lang sa aming dalawa. We joined the group of merchants whose next destination is the Satie Empire. They let us travel with them because we simply introduce ourselves as a fellow merchant who is new to this field. And luckily they didn't ask more and let us be.

Latil and Mr. Carrion are traveling with adventurers. They will probably reach the Dukedom first since they left earlier than us. And that's the plan.

Sir Carrion claimed he knows some of those adventurers, so he was the one to convinced them to allow Latil and him to travel with the group going to Satie Empire. Marahil ay yung nakita kong kausap ng matanda kanina ang sinasabi nyang kakilala nya. Di ko na naabutan ang grupong yon dahil paglapit ko sa dalawa kanina (Latil and Carrion) ay nakaalis na sila.

Ms.Yve didn't seem to be interested in meeting those adventurers dahil hinayaan na nyang si Sir Carrion ang pumunta sa grupong yon para ipaalam na makikisasabay sila sa paglalakbay. She might be avoiding them to lessen the gossip that might arise considering the fact that Mr. Carrion was known to be a butler of Karsen Dukedom for years, he already left that place, and now he's coming back with his life on the line. Since we knew that the one who's currently managing the dukedom is quite made up of greed.

Kahit naman walang advance na teknolohiya sa mundong ito para mapabilis ang daloy ng mga impormasyon, they still have this supernatural thing they call mana. Everything can still be possible and My Lady seemed to be getting more careful about it.

"My Lady, do we have to make a tent?" I asked.

"No need. We'll sleep in this carriage." She said. I just nod my head kahit alam kong di nito makikita dahil nakafocus ito sa pagtatatype sa laptop nito.

Really? A laptop in this world, My lady? Siguradong magf- freak out nanaman ang taong makakakita nyan sa mundong ito.

"I'll get something to eat, My Lady." Paalam ko rito. She just nod habang tutok parin sa ginagawa nito.

Lumabas na ako ng carriage at para kumuha ng pagkain. They made a bonfire to light up the place and they are gathering near it. Including the horseman and the two of us, there is approximately 60 adult people here and 2 children. Anak siguro ng Isa sa mga merchant. There are also 10 carriages, including ours . Hindi ko alam kung ilan ang passenger ng isang karwahe dahil magkakaiba ito ng laki but I'm certain the biggest one is for the 10 adventurers. Dahil sila ang nasa unahan and our carriage is at the last.

We didn't bother to ask them for assistance even if we're at the last and might probably be the target of bandits or anything because why not? I'd be happy if someone attacks.

Lumapit ako sa mga nagtitipon na ito and ask for something to eat.

"Pardon me for sudden intervention but I would like to ask where to get some food, fellow merchant?" Tanong ko sa isa sa mga nakaupo doon malapit sa bonfire. Nagtinginan naman ang lahat sa akin. Ang iba ay parang nanghuhusga at ang iba naman ay nanunuri. What? I'm just asking for food.

"Ah, you're the one who joined the group late?" He said.

"You're too young to be a merchant." Dagdag komento pa nito bago inabot sakin ang isang pirasong tinapay. F*CK! I can see them eating meet and you just give me this one piece of bread? Mukha pang luma na.

Wala lang nasabi ang iba bagkus ay parang nakangisi pa ang mga ito. Ahhh f*CK! Why can't I just kill them?

What types of people does this world produce!?

"Lady, don't forget your payment to us and to the adventurers." Paalala pa nito and then he grinned.

These people are made up of a hundred percent greed. Even the adventurers are pleased to see someone being treated so unethically.

These people...if things go south while traveling with them. I will help those attackers instead of them.

"Hubert, why are you treating our fellow merchant like that?" Judging from his voice, his mad. A man came to me and handed me a plate with grilled meat good for two people and a hot bread that looks like a la baguette french bread.

"Stop being such a sweetheart, Leonel. Tsk. It's no surprise that your company is on the verge of getting bankrupt. You have the talent and ability to be a great merchant, but your attitude will cause you to fail in this field." Sagot ng kaninang nagbigay sa akin ng isang tinapay.

"Shut up, Hubert." Sagot lang ni Leonel at lumingon na ulit sa akin.

"It's okay. You can go back and eat this on your carriage. Hubert will not stop insulting you if you keep staying here. " Malumanay na sabi nito. Fortunately, this old man doesn't have the talent of greed. He must be in his 40s.

"Sister, don't worry about that ugly Hubert. Papa will protect you from him hihi." A kid suddenly pops out from the back of Leonel. This must be his child. What a lovely kid.

"Thank you, Sir. I'll definitely repay your kindness." Sabi ko dito at ngumiti sa anak nitong sa tingin ko ay 5 years old palang.

"Ah, you don't have to pay me, kid. I didn't do much." Then he genuinely smiles at me. He's really giving me father figure vibes. His son is lucky to have him. Though calling me 'kid' is kind of unusual.

Umalis na ako sa pagtitipon dahil narin masama na ang tingin sa akin ng Hubert na iyon. Those adventurers were also just staring at me like I'm such a disgrace to the group. Bastards! We can travel without you.

I was about to enter the courage when someone called me.

"Kid! Come here faster! A monster is attacking us, we should hurry and go to the safe place!" Sigaw nito habang papalapit sa akin. It's Leonel with his child.

**************

Author's Note

Hola! Mga mahal kong mambabasa :3To express my heartfelt gratitude to all of you who are continuously supporting "Throne", I published a short story. Nung Christmas pa sana iyon kasi parang virtual christmas gift diba kaso kinulang me sa time hahaha dagdag pa ang problema sa internet. I hope you guys will like it hehe. Iyoon lang salamuch. Love y'all 😘😘