Chapter 53

Author's Note

At dahil birthday ko today, ito ang chapter 53 for you all!❤️

********************

Yveria's POV

It's very unfortunate to find out that Carrion didn't steal anything. Akala ko ay magkakaroon ako ng dahilan para patayin siya ngayon din. 

"How about Latil? Is he involved?" Ayazumi asked. 

"I don't think so, since it appears that Latil does not worship any of those heavenly creatures." Sagot ko rito.

I already told Ayazumi everything, including the content of the letter I've received from Alastair, who claimed to be the messenger of the God of Wrath. 

Now is the right time for her to know such things. I didn't tell her earlier because I know that she'll be reluctant to leave my side temporarily and if by any chance that happens she will be killed by those pathetic beings above. Carrion will definitely mention her to them. 

Another thing is the ring. If I had not sent her away, it would be problematic to retrieve it myself given that Carrion gave his full attention to me.  That sucker. 

"What was your identity in the past to make them envy my lady so much?" Ayazumi asked in confusion.

"I don't know either." Maikling tugon ko lang dito. 

 The letter I've received were telling me that they all wanted to sit on the Throne and control other people's lives. A clear piece of sh*t

I am having a hint of who I was in my past life but it's just a mere theory of mine. However, now that we've arrived at this point, I wouldn't just hand over my life to them without a fight. Everything they have worked so hard to preserve in this world will be destroyed. Those who have cursed me will not be spared.

I have nothing to lose anymore. Whether I live or die at the end of this battle, I do not care. I'll hunt them all and make them suffer until I am satisfied. 

Inilabas ko ang dalawang maliit na communication device sa spatial ring na hawak hawak ko. It looks like a black mole but very useful for undercover missions. Hindi ito mapapansin agad ng sinuman sa paligid dahil pwede naman itong ilagay sa 'di nakikita ng mga mata. I cannot use mana to communicate with Ayazumi since the gods and goddesses may notice it through Carrion. 

"This is a communication device. Put this behind your right ear." Usal ko at saka humarap sa kanya. Agad naman nitong kinuha at sinunod ang sinabi ko. 

Idinikit ko na rin sa akin ang isa pang device. 

"Does this mean I'll continue to keep my distance from you, my lady?" She asked. 

"Temporarily." Maikling tugon ko.

"Understood, my lady. I'll wait for your order." She said as she slightly bowed. 

"You don't have to leave the Dukedom's palace. Just don't get caught." Makabuluhang paalala ko.

How she conceals herself in the palace is entirely up to her. Well, she can just kill one of the maids and pretend to be that maid. After all, she's already wearing a maid uniform. 

Suit yourself, Ayazumi. 

"How about the mission I gave you? Report." I asked. It was just a cover mission but it would be a waste if she didn't accomplish anything. 

"My lady, I already handled Seleste's allies named Javier Lumizor and Oliver Renova. Nalaman ko rin na si Oliver Renova ay nakababatang kapatid ng Duke Renova."  Panimula nito.

"Duke Renova?" I think I've heard that name before. 

"I think you already forgot about him since he is indeed irrelevant but he was the arrogant Duke we've met before in the battlefield. Wala siya sa misyon na ibinigay mo sa akin pero pakiramdam ko ay nakakatwang pangyayari ito, My lady. Hahaha because of your bazooka, he was in severe condition; this world's physicians even with the use of magic were unable to save him, therefore he passed away. Ngayon ay siguradong nagkakagulo na sa House of Renova dahil alam na nilang wala na ang inaasahan nilang magmamana ng title ni Duke Renova na naunang namatay pfft. They deserve it." Natatawang lintanya nito. 

Oh they are siblings, I see. No wonder they are both greedy. They share the same blood. 

"Rest assured my lady dahil malinis kong niligpit ang mga alalay na iyon ni Seleste. I wonder kung anong magiging ekspresyon ng Seleste na iyon kapag nalaman niyang wala na siyang kakampi." Dugtong pa ni Ayazumi. 

"She's dead tho." I nonchalantly said. 

"Aiyahh I knew she wouldn't last." Naiiling na wika nito. 

But… Seleste hasn't suffered enough. Shall I try to experiment on her body? I wonder if my mana can revive a dead human. I might be overestimating this mana but I have nothing to lose hmmm… 

"By the way my lady, I didn't gather enough information about the Karsen Dukedom but I am already preparing the map according to what I have seen through my journey. And I'd like to request some help from you in creating it. " Ayazumi said. 

"Alright, I will lend you one of my screens." 

Screens are squared-shape see through glass. Kapag deactivated ay mukha lang itong normal na see through glass. The size is probably 12x12 inches. It's not heavy, she can carry it wherever she wants. 

It can help her to visualize and create the map more vividly. Kapag iginuhit niya ito ay siguradong matatagalan pa siya. 

"Another thing my lady, base sa obserbasyon ko ay mukhang dumepende ng sobra sa magic ang mga citizen ng Karsen Dukedom. They don't even possess the basics of survival without magic. I'll write a detailed report about it and deliver it to you later. Kasabay na ng virtual map." Ayazumi said. 

"Good. I'll need to know that so I can continue deceiving that fool old man." Malamig na saad ko at saka humarap na muli sa bintana ng silid.

"My lady, the maids are coming." Wika nito.

"You can leave now. Hide yourself well and wait for my order." Saad ko at saka naramdaman ko na ang paglakad nito patungo sa harapan ko, sa may bintana.

"As you wish, master." She bowed. Pagkatapos ay tumalikod na para maghandang umalis.

Tatalon na sana ito sa bintana nang bigla itong napatigil, para bang may naalala pa. Tsk. This girl really...

"I almost forgot, my lady. The knights and soldiers that were deployed to protect the border are marching back here. Maaring bukas ay nandito na sila. Nasa labas na ng pinto ang mga maid kasama ang matanda kailangan ko nang umalis. Hihintayin ko ang utos n'yo, master." Mabilis na ulat nito at saka tuluyan nang umalis.

Nasa ikatlong palapag lang ng palasyo ang silid na ito siguradong makakalapag siya ng maayos. 

As the door opened, I quickly hid the spatial ring.

"Greetings, Duchess Kartara, please excuse the interruption. I am here to inform you that the vassals are waiting for you," the old man says. 

Only the vassals? When will the Emperor invite me to his palace? I would appreciate receiving his invitation. 

Ah he appears to be over-preparing for our meeting…