Chapter 15: Her Doubts

Third Person's POV

Sa isang iglap ay nasa harapan na agad ng Emperor ang mga knights upang protektahan ang kanilang pinuno. Nakalabas na ang mga espada nito, nakaporma na at handang ipagtanggol ang taong kanilang tinitingala.

They are now on red alert and see Yveria as a threat to the Emperor's safety. The nobilities also unsheathe their swords.

They now see her gun as a cheat weapon considering that it can be used for long-range battle and can harm a person from afar without enchantment and releasing any sort of magic. This kind of weaponry was never seen in this world.

"Call for a palace magician! His Highness' safety is our top priority! Call him now!" The Viscount shouted trying to call for help from the soldiers who were in their post outside the hall's door.

Ngayon ay magkakasama na sa harapan ng Emperor ang mga nobles at knights. Latil and Carrion were also in a state of shock to see what's that so-called "gun" can do.

"No one will answer?" Yveria slightly tilted her head.

She took 2 steps forward at mabilis naman itong pinigilan ng isa sa mga nobilities.

"Don't move. Tell us what you want." The Duke said uncomfortably, afraid that he might annoy Yveria and use her gun against him.

Natawa na lang si Aya sa mabilisang pagbabago ng tono ng boses nito.

"C-calm down everyone." Nauutal na sabi ng Emperor. Kahit medyo nasa state of shock parin ito ay inayos agad nito ang sarili.

The truth is he's pleased to see what this rumored weapon can do in his own eyes. For him, this is a great opportunity for them to better strengthen their military state. He must get her favor, whatever it takes.

"My nation worships only one god. He is the highest of them all, the supreme being." The Emperor said calmly. He must maintain his composure. The knights and nobilities are still infront of him.

Yveria just stares at him blankly. His answer doesn't satisfy her curiosity.

"Tell me what do you need and I swear as the Emperor of this Kingdom, I'll comply with whatever you want us to do."

His people gasped in surprise.

"Your Majesty-- stop."

Magrereklamo nanaman sana ang Duke ngunit mabilis itong pinigilan ng pinuno.

"I'll do whatever you want but in one condition... 

And for the first time in this world, Yveria smirks.

"You'll get what you need but if you fail to bring me the information worthy of one of my handguns...

You're an intelligent human. You must have understood by now."

Aya suddenly had goosebumps. These two understand each other. The Emperor interpreted her master's words clearly.

"It's rare to see that someone can negotiate with you properly." Aya whispers, enough to reach Yveria's ears.

Ngumisi lang si Yveria at nagsalita.

"You're still a rookie in this kind of conversation Ayazumi. The Emperor never meant to give rewards in the first place, it was all just a facade...

All he wants is my gun"

**********

Aya's POV

"My Lady, I don't understand why you need to know the history of Gods and Goddesses. I thought they were on your side?"
Naguguluhan na tanong ko dito.

Hours ago matapos magkasundo ng Emperor ng Castillan Kingdom na ito at ni Lady Yveria, pinatawag ng Emperor ang Historian ng palasyo. Lady Yveria demanded that she needs to talk to the person who knows the things about the Gods and Goddesses and I don't understand why she needs that information since they help her to meet her mom for the last time.

Just why?

"I just need to verify something important." Maikling sagot lang nito and then took a sip of her tea.

"But you can ask Mr. Carrion because he lives long in this world right? He must have known things about those Gods and Goddesses." Puno ng kyuryosidad parin na tanong ko dito.

"You think we can trust him?" Tanong nito habang nakatitig sa tasa ng tsaa.

Mas lalong napakunot ang noo ko sa tanong nito.

Does it mean that she doesn't trust Mr. Carrion now?

Kaya ba pinahatid muna niya sina Mr. Carrion at Latil sa isa sa mga guest room ng palasyong ito bago niya sinabi sa Emperor ang kailangan nya?

"I'm confused, My Lady." Deretsong saad ko dito.

Walang ibang tao sa silid na ito kundi kami lang dalawa. The Emperor left us alone in this room. Perhaps, he's preparing to fulfill Ms. Yve's demand. That person is cunning, he told us to rest and wait for a while here but he sent 15 people to observe our actions. 

I can sense 10 people outside this window's room and 5 at the door acting as guards. Lady Yveria must have noticed them before we even sit on this sofa. 

"Why would you doubt Mr. Carrion's loyalty? He didn't do anything wrong." Pabulong na saad ko dito pero sakto lang para maabot ang kanyang pandinig.

She didn't respond and just kept her eyes closed while leaning her back on the red single-seater sofa with her arms crossed.

"Would you really give your guns to those people in exchange for that information?"
I asked her in disbelief.

Alam ko kung gaano mo kamahal ang mga baril mo. Mas inaalagaan mo pa nga yata ito kaysa sa sarili mo, hindi mo ito ibibigay ng ganon ganon lang.

Ano ba ang nagbago nang makausap mo ang ibon na nag-anyong tao na iyon? Naguguluhan ako dahil tinawag mo syang Mom at narinig ko rin sa usapan nyo na tinutulungan ka ng mga diyos at diyosa sa mundong ito.

"Why? Why all of the sudden you're doubting everything and everyone around here?"

How serious is the situation for you to hand over the guns that you love more than the people around you to the people you don't know?

The f*ck...

When will I ever understand the affairs of this world!?