Chapter 26

Ayazumi's POV

Adventurers were already lying on this dirty and dry ground. It's obvious that this monster will aim to their place. It really wanted to pulverize them.

Damn! I immediately get out of the place where I was hiding before. This thing shouldn't be laughed about.

"Captain! This monster also breathes fire! Let- AHHHHHHH

Too late. Bumuga na ng apoy ang monster na ito. Kahit pa matapos niya ang sasabihin nya, huli na para makatakas sya sa pamatay na apoy ng kalaban. The monster burns everything infront of him. Good for me I quickly found out about it because if not siguradong pulbos narin ako kasama ng dalawang yon. The captain and that berserker are dead.

Ang natitira na lang ay itong nasa tabi ko. He's dumbfounded as he stares at his fallen comrade.

"You're Balix right?" Tanong ko na ikinagulat naman nito. We're currently standing at the back part of the monster.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?" He said anxiously while pointing his sword at me.

"Shhhh the monster might hear you." I said in undertone. Pinagpapawisan at nanginginig na sa kaba itong kaharap ko.

"You...ikaw yung babae kanina. The young lady merchant." Sabi nito at ibinaba na ang espada.

"What...what are you doing here?" Pabulong sabi nito pagkatapos ay bumaling sa hawak kong katana.

"I was just curious about this monster." Simpleng sagot ko lang dito.

"Are you a magician?" He asked at umiling lang ako.

"Forget it. If you're planning on fighting that monster. Now is not the time to come here because even if you can use magic you won't be able to win against this monster. Magic doesn't affect him. You'll certainly die in front of me. You're a girl, the only thing that can make you fight is magic and you're nothing without it but magic has no effect on that filthy creature. With that body of yours, it's impossible for you to be strong as us. Did you not notice what happened to my comrade? They are way stronger than you but they were reduced to ashes in the blink of an eye." He said, mocking me.

So what if I'm a girl? I just answer him with a sweet smile and quickly move away from him.

After a heartbeat, his body flies away, colliding with a sharp branch of a tree. His body is literally hanging from a tree branch that had already penetrated his body from his back all the way through his chest. What a bloody scene.

The monster attacked using its head, and alas, that guy didn't notice. You poor thing.

The monster turns his head to face me and roars defiantly. Fortunately, it's just a normal roar.

As I prepare myself for an attack from this creature, I position my katana.

"What? Never saw something like this before?" I let it have a good view of my katana. I knew from the first time I saw this monster that it isn't just a simple opponent. It also observes the enemy he's fighting.

Nagsimula na itong tumakbo palapit sa akin, making the ground shake because of its massive size and weight. Well, the larger the opponent, the easier it is to lay a hand. I'm aware that my abilities are still inferior to Lady Yve, but I should know how far I could push myself. Because I've never fought a creature like this before from earth, just a monster in human form.

"What? Are we going to headbutt? Nah ah, your head is thicker than Hubert's face."

It comes at me with ferocity. Instead of dodging, I quickly slid beneath the monster and struck it in the stomach.

It growls loudly, which means I have successfully wounded him.

But to my surprise, his wound heals quickly. Oh, sh*t! Magic is ineffective against him, and now it can heal itself. . . ?

It isn't the time to be mesmerized. I should execute my move quickly so it won't have the time to heal. Yes, that might be away.

I launched a consecutive attacks. Slashing, swinging, sliding underneath the monster, jumping and trying to inflict damage as much as I can on its back. I increased my speed running around him, finding an opening. Ramdam kong mabilis nitong nahahanap ang presensya ko kaya't mas lalo ko pang iningatan ang mga galaw ko. He's releasing fire sa tuwing nahahanap nito ang kinaroroonan ko.

He's big and it's difficult for him to move, but one attack from him and my vitality will be cut in half. That would be a disadvantage for me because this monster has already enhanced his senses, and a slight decrease in my speed would benefit him.

While he's busy growling in agony from the series of attacks. I leap to its head and stab one of its eyes gravely. Despite the fact that they have magic in here to enhance their senses, my physical abilities are not the same as ordinary people. My life was never normal, after all.

The monster violently shakes his head, causing me to fall to the ground. Mabuti na lang nakabalase pa ako at nakababa ng tama.

Lumakas ang ungol nito at agresibong nagbuga ng apoy kung saan saan. I have to dodge quickly because he is releasing fire in a wide range, blanketing the entire area in blazing fire.

Damn it. Is he planning on roasting me too?

This place is getting hotter and hotter; if I stay any longer, I'll die. I need to get rid of this monster before he heals his eyes.

Unti-unti at maingat na lumapit ako dito habang iniinda parin nito ang nasugatang mata nito. The moment he stop breathing out the fire...

*SLASH*

I cut his forelegs.Mas lalong lumakas ang pag-ungol nito.

"Even if you rip them apart, if you can't destroy their core, they won't die."

Right, the core. I'm starting to lose strength. The fire, as well as the excessive movement and running, depleted my energy. I need to get out of this hellhole as soon as possible.

**********

Author's Note

Nakalimutan ko i- attached image nung monster. The monster's physical appearance was based on Egyptian mythology, Ammit, also known as Ammut or Ahemait, a monster that lives in the Egyptian underworld.

Source: Google