Chapter 28

Third Person's POV

The robbers encircled Yveria, pointing their weapons at her. The leader of the bandits charged first and attempted to slice his sword diagonally down to the left of Yveria, but the woman easily blocked the strike, and the leader just returned to his previous position before attacking her. It stuns the leader for a few seconds when he realizes that an ordinary lady can repel his strike when he has put all of his might into this. 

While the leader is taken aback, Yveria takes advantage of the situation to launch a counterattack.

Yveria, who is now being carried away by an adrenaline rush, attacks the leader straight, passing through him in a fraction of a second--

removing the leader's head from his body.

"You aren't my match." Yveria remarked coldly, before attacking all of the remaining bandits without waiting for them to react to what in the world was happening to them or did they just f*CK up.

All of the bandits died in the same way, and Yveria just wiped the blood splatter off her face and exited the scene when she finished.

"The scent of blood truly delights me on the inside." She said while walking out of the scene. 

The bandits were unable to detect Yveria's deadly aura since they lacked the necessary power. Only those with a relatively basic amount of mana sensitivity can detect it, and those bandits aren't suited to be one.

She is currently on her way to the merchants and adventurers' area. The surroundings is now smoky and gloomy, but Yveria continues to walk as if she can still see anything and breathe normally despite the poison surrounding her.

Nasakop na ng nakakalasong usok ang buong paligid at umabot narin ito sa lokasyon kung saan naglalabanan si Ayazumi at ang higanteng halimaw. 

When Yveria arrives at the 'safe place' , where the adventurers are guarding the merchants, they are all coughing since they have already inhaled the smoke. Some people even start coughing up blood. The adventurers aren't immune either, because it's a smoke, and even if they utilize all of their might, they'll still be poisoned if they sniff even a trace of this deadly smoke. They have no wind magic or any other magic that can assist them escape this place.

"Cover your nose! Don't inhale too much of the smoke *cough* it's harmful!" one of the adventurers said, making an attempt to avoid smelling the smoke.

As the atmosphere gets loaded with deadly toxins, they are all anxious for clean air. The children are more harmed since their immune systems are poorer than those of the merchants and adventurers.

Leonel is doing everything he can to protect his son. He shredded a lower section of his outer long-sleeved medieval-style tunic and used it to cover his son's mouth and nose. Hubert, the conceited merchant, couldn't utilize his haughty demeanor to save his kid, who was in a worse condition than Leonel's son. Hubert even tried to yell at the adventurers for not taking better care of them, threatening them that if anything bad happened to them, they would pay for it.

But no matter what they do, it's pointless. The poison has already entered their systems, and none of them will survive unless they take an antidote quickly.

While everyone else is in mayhem and dying, Yveria stands there unnoticed, looking at them.

'During a crisis, people's degree of desire to defend something unfolds.' Yveria thought as she approached these folks, still holding her sword that had been stained by the bandits' blood.

Toxins start to spread throughout their bodies, altering their vision as everything in the background blurs. Others that couldn't take it anymore collapsed into the cold ground, others completely stopped breathing. 

**********

Yveria's POV

Death should take place after 36 to 72 hours of exposure to this kind of toxins but it seems like the one who made it added some black magic in it to fasten its effect. 

I inspect each of them calmly as they lie helpless on the cold ground, and none of them appear to have any future value for me.

"Help me..." whimpered a man, his voice dry. When I turn back, he's struggling to stretch his arms in an attempt to catch my attention, and there's a youngster near him, also lying on the ground, facing this same surface.

I had no idea who these individuals were; all I knew was that they were merchants. Knowing that worthless knowledge isn't worth it in the first place.

"Help me! I'll give you whatever amount you want if you save me!" the merchant exclaimed as I approached him.

"I only have one antidote, are you going to save yourself or your son?" I asked nonchalantly.

"My life is more precious than this child's life, this kid has no future after all. Now, hurry and give me the antidote." He urged, struggling to breathe.

You're on the verge of death, yet you don't care about your own flesh and blood.

"The greed in your eyes is clearer than your kid's future." I coldly said as I came closer to this disgusting human and stopped him from trying to get up from the ground using my sword. I thrust my sword deep into his back, all the way to his chest.

As I recover my blade from him, he groans even louder.

"How dar--

He stopped breathing.

Tsk pathetic. I pick up the child and spin him around to face me. I took a respirator mask from my spatial ring, but before I put it on him, I injected him with the antidote I developed in my laboratory from earth.

I carried the child with my left hand, his head carefully resting on my left shoulder.

I need to reopen my laboratory and headquarters as soon as possible. I don't like removing stuff from my inventory and not replacing them.

I was about to leave when I heard someone pleading for me again in his dying voice. However, in comparison to the one I previously faced, he is more polite when asking for help.

He is aware of who is seeking something from whom. He understands where he belongs in this kind of situation.

It seems like in this sort of scenario, he knows exactly where he belongs.

"Today will be a lucky day for someone."