Chapter 33

Third Person's POV

Seleste sat on the one-seater couch and positioned her legs at a slight angle.

" I had a great time because you didn't come after me and torment me for the seal." Pabiro ngunit kalahating tama na saad ni Mr. Carrion.

Seleste found Carrion's statement amusing. She elegantly laughs while covering her mouth with a red hand fan that has gold linings on its edges.

"I did not know that the former butler is good at joking, ohoho." Seleste responded as she slightly laughed again.

"Ah, it's been two years, Counte-- duchess Seleste. Some things have changed." Wika naman ng matandang Carrion.

Seleste just plainly smiled and turned her gaze to the young man silently sitting beside Carrion.

"Ito na ba ang batang sinusuportahan mo noon sa ampunan?" Seleste asked.

Alam ni tandang Carrion kung ano ang nakakubling mensahe sa likod ng tanong na iyon kaya't agad siyang nag-isip ng paraan upang paalisin muna sa silid ang kanyang apo-apohan.

"Yes, madame. Siya na nga iyon." Pagsang-ayon ni Mr. Carrion.

"He's a grown up now, huh?" Litanya ng Seleste.

Latil awkwardly smiled at Seleste dahil nakatingin parin sa kanya ito. Para bang may sinusuri na kung ano.

"How about I give you a job in this palace?" Seleste asked Latil while directly looking at his eyes.

Naiilang na binaling ni Latil ang tingin niya sa kanyang Lolo. Giving Carrion a "Lolo help" look.

Carrion knows kung saan ang patutunguhan ng usapang ito dahil alam niya ang takbo ng utak ni Seleste.

"Madame Seleste, if you don't mind, I'd want to ask you a favor before we get to the core of this discussion. '' Carrion stated, trying to change the subject."

"I wouldn't mind; come on, tell me what it is," Seleste responded, faking a smile.

"We have traveled a long way, and my grandson has not been able to rest yet. I'd want to request that someone take him to a more comfortable room so he can recuperate now." Carrion said.

Agad na naintindihan ni Seleste ang nais iparating ni tandang Carrion.

'You care so much for that lowly being Carrion. Kaya ba nagtago ka sa malayong lugar para protektahan ang ampon mong yan?' Seleste thought.

"The three of you, bring Elrod's grandson to the guest room and give him food to eat. Pronto!" Seleste commanded the three maids standing at the back of the couch where she was sitting.

"Lumakad ka na Latil, 'wag na 'wag kang lalabas sa silid na paghahatiran sa iyo. Tandaan mo, mag-ingat ka." Pabulong na sabi ng matanda sa kanyang apo bago ito tumayo at sumunod sa tatlong maid palabas ng silid.

Ngayon ay silang dalawa na lang ni Carrion at Seleste ang natira sa office room.

"Mr. Elrod's ability to read the surroundings is still intact. If you're interested, I wouldn't mind hiring you again in this house." Seleste said.

“Thank you for your offer, Madame, but you know I'm here for another reason, which is why you let me into the Dukedome's palace,” Carrion stated flatly.

‘You can't fool me either, former butler Elrod. You would not leave your lair and risk your life for nothing. I know you're as shrewd as the house's deceased previous owners. But, just like your beloved Karsen family… mabubura ka rin sa mundong ito.’ Seleste thought as she covered her mouth again with her red hand fan and grinned.

“Be at ease, Mr. Elrod; as long as you can give me what I want, you and your loving grandchild may coexist," the ambitious countess replied.

But, the ambiance inside the room is more strained than relaxed. Both of them have hidden goals and are silently playing mind games. One desires wealth, while the other desires what is best for the territory.

“We must compromise, Madame Seleste. Nasa iyo ang bagay na hinahanap ko at ganoon din naman sa akin.” Seryosong wika ni Carrion.

Napaisip sandali ang kontesa dahil hindi niya alam ang tinutukoy na bagay ni tandang Carrion.

“We won't have a problem with that. But, whatever it is, make sure you can also give me the seal. Because if you don't, I'll find you and execute you with your grandson, no matter where you go.” May pagbabantang wika ng kontesa.

Carrion just set aside the threat and moved forward with the negotiation because, more than that, this is where the second step of their plan commences.

“We can sign a black contract to reassure you, Madame Seleste.” Carrion said. Carrion couldn't bear calling Seleste a duchess since he refuses to recognize her as the owner of this house.

“Are you certain with that decision, Elrod?” Seleste said while trying to hide the amusement in her voice.

There are five colors of contracts in this world. It includes a blue, white, green, red, and black contract. Among those aforementioned contracts, black is the most dangerous agreement of all.

A blue contract is an agreement between two or more merchants or between a merchant and a buyer. It concerns products to deliver and services to be rendered. Whoever fails to meet the obligations or breaks the terms of the agreement will compensate the other party. The guilty party will just pay big time.

The white contract is not as heavy as the blue contract. Kasunduan lang ito sa pagitan ng dalawang magkaibigan kung mayroon silang napag-usapan at gusto nilang pareho silang maobliga na tuparin ito. Ang parusa sa hindi tutupad ay depende na sa kanilang napagkasunduan.

Then, the green contract is an agreement between the guild and the adventurer or between the adventurer and their clients. Ang parusa naman na nakapaloob sa kontratang ito ay depende rin sa napagkasunduan ng dalawang panig. It can be a compensation using money or services. While the red contract is simply the marriage contract in this world.

Lastly, the black contract. Unlike the other contracts that use light magic to seal the agreement, black contact can be sealed using black mana. May malalakas lang na loob ang gumagamit ng kontratang ito. Failure to meet the obligations and the terms made in this contract will pay the price , using their lives. This contract is forbidden in the Castillan Kingdom but the Satie Empire’s emperor does not care about it. It is not his problem whether or not his people use it.

Going back to the negotiation between Seleste and Carrion.

Tiwala si Seleste na walang mawawala sa kanya pag pumayag siya sa kasunduang ito dahil alam niya na walang anuman siyang hindi kayang gawin at hindi kayang ibigay sapagkat kahit hindi pa siya opisyal na kinikilalang may ari ng Karsen Dukedom ay hawak na niya ang yaman nito.

“I am fully aware of the implications of my actions, and I intend to confront them.” Determinadong wika ng tandang Carrion.

'Now, I am more intrigued on what made this old man come back and deliberately offer his life… Elrod, what are you planning.' Seleste suspiciously thought.

"What is it that made you come back to this house, Mr. Elrod? What is the thing you desire in exchange for the seal?" Tanong na ng kontesa.

"In return for the seal, I'd like you to free the young lady of Karsen... free Young Lady Kartara." Deretsong saad ni Mr. Carrion.

Seleste was caught off guard by Carrion's request.For two years, no one ever found out about the whereabouts of Kartara. 

'How...?' Seleste said in her mind, out of confusion.