CHAPTER 49: KARSEN DUKEDOM'S NEW DUCHESS

Third Person's POV

Dumating na ang araw na pinakahihintay ng lahat, lalong lalo na ni tandang Carrion. Nagbukas na ang pintuan ng palasyo ng Karsen at nagsimula nang magsidatingan ang mga nobilities at iba pang mayayaman na personalidad ng emperyong Satie. May ilan din na galing pa sa kabilang nasyon.

Karamihan sa kanila ay pumunta upang masilayan ang pisikal na hitsura ng misteryosong tagapagmana ng Karsen House at marami rin na ang dahilan ay para makahanap ng bagong kaanib o kakampi. Lahat sila ay may dahilan ngunit bilang lang ang may mabuting rason.

Kinseng minuto na lang at magsisimula na ang seremonya.

"Karsen House is really rich as its name. Luxurious things are everywhere." Halos kuminang na ang mata ng baroness na ito habang nagsasalita.

"It will be great to have the new duchess in my side. What do you think?" Sambit naman ng isang kontesa na katabi nito.

"You wish, Countess Linda. I will surely gain her favor before anyone of you." Siguradong sambit ng isa pang kontesa at saka mataray itong nagpaypay sa mukha.

"Mukhang nakalilimutan ninyo na maraming pang nobility ang pumunta ngayon. Nakikita ninyo ba ang nasa kabilang lamesa?" Said by the fourth person sitting with them, then she pointed on the other table placed on their right. She is a viscountess. A title lower than the countess but higher than the baroness.

"We are also nobilities, Viscountess Kelsey. They are just higher than us but we still have a chance. The heiress is still young and naive. We can get her and climb up to the social circle. We can convince her to let us be the Karsen's vassal." Ambisyosang sabi ng baroness, iyong unang nagsalita at pumuri sa kayamanan ng Karsen House.

Ang tinutukoy na lamesa ng viscountess ay iyong lamesa ng mga Dukesa at Marchioness ng emperyong Satie. Kahit walang batas na ginawa ang emperyo ukol dito ay may silent rule ang mga nobilities. Ito ay kailangan nilang alamin kung ano ang kanilang posisyon sa emperyo.

Those who have the title of Count down to Baron should not mix their chairs and tables with those who have the higher titles. No one ever talks about it but they silently know that there is a hierarchy of power in this empire no matter what they do. Those who have the lower titles will try their best to gain the favor of anyone higher than them because that is how the life of their house, dignity, and pride will be measured.

Nang magtama ang paningin ng mga Baroness, Countess, at Viscountess sa mga Dukesa at Marchioness ay kunwaring ngumiti lamang ang mga ito sa isat-isa.

As the other nobilities get busy with their power house things the others are enjoying the music. The butler, Carrion, hired the best musicians from the capital to perform in this ceremony that's why everyone is pleased to hear the sound they are hearing. Dumagdag pa nga sa ingay ang chit chats ng bawat isa ngunit hindi na ito nagtagal pa at muling tumahimik ang lahat ng may nag anunsyo.

"His Majesty, the Emperor of Satie, has arrived." The royal knight announced as the door of the ceremonial hall opened. Everyone bowed their heads.

Deretsong naglakad ang emperor sa upuan nito na nasa parteng unahan. He has the table that is especially made for him. Bago ito umupo ay nagsalita muna ng kaunti.

"Seems like all the nobility are here. Karsen House is really a record breaker. I have never seen all of you in one hall. Everyone here should attend the royal ball next month otherwise I will take it as an insult." The Emperor jokingly said, tumawa naman ang iba habang ang iba ay ngumiti lamang.

"Raise your heads. The ceremony is going to happen." The Emperor commanded at saka umupo na ito.

Carrion hurriedly walk infront of everyone and apologized for making the visitors wait especially the Emperor.

"I apologize for making all of you wait. I know that everyone here really left their important matters just to attend this ceremony, especially the Emperor. The Karsen Dukedom highly appreciated your time. Now, the long wait is over. Let the ceremony commence." Old man Carrion announced at ang lahat ay nagpalakpakan naman.

"But, since the late Duke is not here anymore to officially crown the heiress as the new duchess of this house. I would like to ask respectfully for the Emperor's guidance in this ceremony. I, a mere butler, couldn't do it for I am not entitled enough to perform such an important action. Please help us, your Majesty. It will be our honor to have you here." Carrion said and he bowed.

The Emperor smiled and stood up.

"No problem. Karsen is truly remarkable." He then walked with the grace and aura of the king towards Carrion.

Every human from the Satie Empire inside the hall is amused and feeling proud of their emperor. Just the people of Satie and not the other beings and humans from another nation that are also inside the ceremonial hall.

"Let the ceremony truly commence." Carrion stated.

Just by that, the ceremonial hall's door opened again.

The heiress of the Karsen Dukedom came in. She is wearing a white gown that surely looks like she's going to be crowned as the new saintess instead of the new duchess.

Her outfit emits an elegant grace and it shines among the crowd.

Something around her shines like the most expensive stone they can ever see.

Lahat ay natulala sa katangi tanging kagandahang taglay ng dalaga at wari'y nakuha nito ang puso ng mga bisita. Mala-anghel ang kanyang anyo at walang sino man ang makabubuo ng salitang ipipintas dito.

Nagpatuloy lang sa paglalakad ang dalaga papuntang unahan habang hawak hawak ang itim na crown pillow. Nasa ibabaw nito ang koronang ginto na may walong disenyong hugis dahon ng strawberry.

While most of the people inside the hall are in awe, some are silently reading and observing the surrounding.

"What are you, the 2nd loyal servant of the demon lord, doing here?" Someone behind Duke Vanaxin asked as he concealed himself with the crowd.

"What are you, the 3rd loyal servant of the demon lord and the master of the magic tower of this human realm, doing here?" Pabalik na tanong ng Duke Vanaxin sa lalaki.

Tumawa ng mahina ang lalaki dahil sa sinambit ng Duke.

"I think you're also here for that person." Sambit ng lalaki at saka itinuro ang tagapagmana na nasa harapan na ngayon ng Emperor.

To be continue…

***************
A/N

No one;
Carrion: being a low-key sucker.