Chapter 9: Fire Baby

Third Person's POV

Yveria left the Satie troops with disappointment. Considering that the people of the said country are hypocrites she thought it would be easy to make them mad and fight recklessly. Hindi niya inaasahan na may natitira parin pala na may utak sa mga taong ito.

They were in the middle of negotiation when another nobility came. Yveria thought that this person would be the same as that person named Renova, umiinit agad ang ulo at hindi nag-iisip. But, she was surprised to hear that this nobility immediately told them(Satie's) to let her go and that she might be in danger if they let her stay in the battlefield this long.

Yveria got excited at the thought of getting into the danger zone but when she remembered that Carrion is in critical condition she shrugged it off and just left the troops. She treats killing as a necessary thing but knowing the truth about what really happened to her family is her top priority for now.

Nang makaalis na ito ay agad na kinompronta ni Duke Renova ang nobility na pumigil sa pagdesisyon nya ng naaayon sa bugso ng damdamin.

"What do you think you're doing!?" Agad na reklamo nito.

"She might be a spy from that stupid Castillans and you just let her go like that!?" Sabay duro nito ng galit na galit sa nobility na kausap nito.

"Duke Vanaxin, is that how the previous head of Vanaxin Dukedom raised their kids?Nawalan na ba ng laman yang ut--- SHUT UP OLD MAN." Maawtoridad at malamig na putol ng sinasabing Duke Vanaxin na ito sa hangal na Renova.

"If you ever touch me with that disgusting finger of yours, you will die before this stupid battle even begin." Malamig na turan nito na mas lalong ikinakulo ng dugo ng mapagmataas na Duke Renova. 

"You always act high and mighty. Tingnan natin kung hanggang saan ang iyayabang mo kapag hindi ka na pinapaboran ng Emperor." May pagbabanta na sabi ni Duke Renova pagkatapos ay tumalikod at umalis na sa harapan ni Vanaxin.

The reason that they can't harm and just give threats with words is that it is written in their Nobility's Law that they are not allowed to cause any harm or kill each other. Nobilities abide by this law dahil ang kapalit ng hindi pagsunod dito ay tinuturing na treason at krimen ng palasyo. They will be exile  from the Satie Empire or worst death penalty.

But of course, that's just the outer face of them or just a show because they move in shadow to bring each other down. 

Duke Vanaxin just 'tsk' and returns to his line.

At sa kabilang dako, Duke Renova already made an evil plan. Pasimple itong lumapit sa grupo ng crossbow and arrow unit.

"Wait for my signal." 

Nang nasa kalagitnaan na si Yveria sa pagtawid ay agad itong naghand sign. A cue that the arrows must be release.

********

Yveria's POV

"Stupid bit*h I thought you people were useless." I smiled as I sensed numbers of arrows approaching me.

"Well done, Duke Renova. I'll visit your grave at the Satie Empire." I said while still riding the horse and calculating the distance of arrows from me. 

"1..2..3... 

*******

Third Person's POV

Yveria jumps off the horse while it's still running. Nagmukha itong lumilipad sa ere sa taas at linis ng pagtalon nito. As she smoothly landed, the arrows on the other hand penetrated the body of a poor horse causing it to die on the spot.

Everyone was in awe. Animo'y nanunood sila ng palabas sa linis at liksi ng paggalaw nito. 

Duke Renova suddenly gets goosebumps out of nowhere while the others are still in great shock. Duke Vanaxin was amazed at how a mere woman could get away from those hundreds of arrows unscathed.

The same goes to Castillan people, they are all worried at first when they see the arrows but when they witness how she gets away with it they can't think of anything while their mouths are open.

Yveria takes her bazooka baby out of her storage ring.

"How I miss this thing." Masayang sabi nito while aiming for the target.

Aya just stares at her Master proudly. 

"That's my master, Duke Renova. You chose the wrong opponent. Sayonara!" She shouted while waving her hand and having a smile plastered on her face.

"Target locked."

"Fire baby."