Chapter 22: Cadmus

Third Person's POV

Pumasok si Yveria sa silid na sinasabing kinaroroonan ng taong hinahanap nito. It was just another room of the bar with drunk and loud people.

She walked towards the counter.

"Coffee, no sugar." Yve plainly said na ikinagulat naman ng lalaki sa counter dahil hindi nya naramdaman ang paglapit ng dalaga. He immediately came back to his senses nang maintindihin nito ang sinabi ng dalaga, pagkatapos ay ngumiti.

"Flavored or not, Madame?" Magalang na tanong nito.

"Pathetic." Sagot ng dalaga at agad namang tumango ang lalaking receptionist.

"Madame, seems to be an expert to this kind of things huh." Nangingiting sabi lang ng receptionist.

"Such a lame code." Komento ng dalaga sa kanyang isipan.

Ordering coffee with no sugar and answering the question of what flavor they want is a code to meet Cadmus. If the client answered the question wrong, even if he/she said the first code right which is 'coffee with no sugar' , they still won't get the chance to meet the informant.

"This way, Madame." The receptionist said and headed to another door. Tahimik lang na sumunod si Yveria.

"Enjoy your coffee time here, Madame." He slightly bowed and left.

Binuksan ni Yveria ang pinto at isang hagdan pababa ang sumalubong sa kanya. She silently walk hanggang marating ang underground room.

"You can't do this to me! I spent a lot of money to reach this disgusting place full of lowly commoners and that's all you gotta say to me!?" A man in his 20s said furiously.

Yveria just stared at these two people in front of her. One is standing, gritting his teeth angrily, habang ang Isa naman ay prenteng naka upo lang sa pang-isahang sofa.

Seems like they haven't noticed the lady's presence.

" I came from a powerful household in the Satie Empire! How dare such a lowly commoner from this Kingdom deny my request!" Asik ulit ng lalaki.

"Are you done?" Natigilan ang kaninang lalaking halos lumabas na ang ugat sa leeg sa sobrang galit nang biglang magsalita ang taong nakaupo sa sofa.

"If you're done, you can leave now." Humahakay hakay pa na saad nito.

"Have you forgotten the fact that you're in my territory? No matter how powerful your household is, they'll never know the things that happened here. Whether you die or not at this moment...they will NEVER.FIND.OUT." Dagdag ng lalaking prenteng nakaupo parin ngunit deretsong nakatitig na sa noble man sa kanyang harapan.

Wari'y napipi naman ang aroganteng noble man at naikuyom na lang ang kamao.

"He's using magic to intimidate me as a warning. How could a mere commoner possess this kind of magic?" Sa isip ng aroganteng noble.

Humahangos na umalis ang lalaki dahil wala na itong magawa.

"If I ever see you in Satie Empire, I will make sure you'll never come out the country alive." Banta nito bago tuluyang lisanin ang silid.

"What a nice scene." Yveria said. The arrogant noble didn't notice Yveria dahil puno ng galit at inis ang isip nito bago umalis. Nagulat ang lalaki sa pagsulpot ng dalaga, ngayon lang nya napansin ang presensya nito.

"What made a dangerous person come here?" The guy sitting on the sofa suspiciously asked. He's trying to compose himself.

Yveria didn't answer and just sit on the sofa at the opposite side of where the guy is sitting.

"Perhaps, one of those bastards hired you to find and kill me." Seryosong wika ng lalaki.

A sudden moment of silence. Tanging ilaw lang ng lampara ang nagbibigay liwanag sa silid.

Hindi ulit sumagot si Yveria at patuloy na nagpakiramdaman ang dalawa. Yveria is reading this guy's movement and aura, so she'll know how to easily deal with him. While, this guy in front of her is calculating possibilities on how he will survive. This guy is powerful and his senses are telling him that Yveria has no mana, yet something about her made his soul shiver.

"Perhaps, you wanna know first the reason why I came here before spouting nonsense?" Malamig na komento ng dalaga. Napaayos naman ng upo ang tao sa kanyang harapan.

"Securing my life isn't a nonsense thing, Ms. Assassin." Madiin na turan nito.

"How will I know that you aren't here to kill me? You think I didn't sense that you're an assassin? You entered the room without me and that stupid self proclaimed powerful noble noticing. And you--you have...you have that kind of aura. How can I calm down!? I don't wanna die waahh I still want to find-----

Bago pa man lang makompleto ang lintanya nito, may lumipad na na dagger papunta sa mukha nito.

"Shut it, Cadmus. If I'm here to kill you, you wouldn't have the chance to talk in the first place. Dimwit." Yveria said impatiently.

Luckily, this guy has the power to avoid the attack.

"The attack...she's holding back. I'll be in trouble if I don't do things right in front of her. Just who the hell is she?" Cadmus said to his mind.

"So, if you're not here to kill me. What do you want from me?" Cadmus calmly said but he isn't really calm. He's panicking inside. Thinking who the hell is he dealing with.

"I'll pay you whatever amount you want. Tell me all the things you know about the Karsen Dukedom and its current condition." She seriously said and she took off the hood of his cloak.

Cadmus gasped at the sight in front of him. He wasn't stunned because of this beautiful young lady he's seeing, he is rather puzzled seeing the familiar face of the woman he's been searching for years.

"Kartara..."

********
Author's Note (ulit . ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

Enjoy reading guysuu😗 Pwede na pala today kahit di na next week hoho