CHAPTER 50: CONTINUATION OF THE CEREMONY

Third Person's POV

"How did you come up with that?" Duke Vanaxin plainly asked as he stared at the Dukedom's heiress.

"Tsk. What other reasons could bring someone like you to a useless event like this? Not to mention that it is a 'HUMAN' event. You can see these guests everywhere or on other occasions after all. Hence, your reason for coming here aren't the guests." The man said, emphasizing the 'human' as he spoke.

"I am here because the Emperor is here. I was asked to attend this event for his security." Pagsisinungaling ni Vanaxin na ikinangisi nanaman ng lalaking kausap nito.

"Instead of you asking such things to me, isn't it more questionable that you are present here? Aren't you afraid that humans might detect your demon aura? And what do you need from her for you to come here without even trying to hide your face?" The Duke asked, trying to change the topic.

"Oh c'mon, Lucas. We're the same. Why should I be afraid? You're here. You have a strong connection with the Emperor, remember?" Nakakalokong wika nito at saka pabirong binangga ng balikat nya ang balikat ng Duke. At saka nagsalitang muli.

"Also, there's so many demons in this ceremony. Not just the two of us and I know that you are aware of it. Look at those musician, that maid, that aristocrat, that–"

Nairita naman ang Duke sa kadaldalan nito kaya't pinutol na niya ang sinasabi ng kapwa niya alagad ng demonyo.

"Shut it, Monroe. Hold your tongue even just for five minutes. Okay? The ceremony is going to start. Let's talk about your sentiments later." Duke Vanaxin seriously said and the man called Monroe just mouthed "Whatever."

Kahit curious din ang Duke sa pakay ni Monroe sa tagapagmana ng Karsen ay isinantabi na niya lamang muna ito at itinuon na ang atensyon sa nangyayaring seremonya.

"Binabati kita." Nakangiting bungad na salita naman ng Emperor sa tagapagmana ng Karsen na ngayon ay nasa kanyang harapan na.

Ngumiti lang din ng matamis ang dalaga at saka nagbigay pugay.

"Greetings to the sun that greatly shines in Satie Empire. I am honored to stand in front with thee." The young heiress said as she slightly bow with grace.

'How could someone as fragile as this brat escape death?' is the Emperor's thought at this moment.

'His face greatly disgust me. I want to see it burning.' Sa isip naman ng nagpapanggap na dalaga.

Both of them are roasting each other in their minds but none of them can show it as their motives might get revealed.

"I am also glad to be a substitute of one of the best asset of Satie Empire, your father. Your mother and father must be happy now, seeing their daughter grew up like this." The Emperor said then smiled again.

The heiress bowed her head and the Emperor started the succession.

"I, Zikalion Satie, Emperor of Satie Empire, will formally appoint the lone heiress as the new duchess of Karsen Dukedom on behalf of the late Duke Ran Karsen and Duchess Meria Karsen. I thus appoint Kartara Karsen as the new duchess of this house in the name of my regal power. Anyone who rejects this ceremony will be viewed as undermining the royal family." The Emperor announced.

Kinuha ng emperor ang korona na nakapatong sa crown pillow na hawak hawak ng bagong Dukesa. Pagkatapos ay marahan itong inilagay sa ulo ng dalaga. Nagpalakpakan naman agad ang lahat ng manonood.

The new duchess smiles as she stands in front facing the guests.

Bago umalis sa harapan ang Emperor ay kinausap muna nito ang dalaga.

"If you need anything for the Karsen territory, the royal palace will be more willing to welcome you." He said then congratulated the new duchess again.

"I will, Your Majesty. Thank you so much for attending this ceremony. Without the Emperor, this ceremony wouldn't be successful." The new duchess said with a smile, again.

'The next time we meet will be on the day of your death,' Yveria with the face of an angel thought as she honed the art of pretension.

Matapos umalis ang Emperor sa harapan ay nagpasalamat naman ang bagong Dukesa sa mga dumalo. She should speak longer but Yveria is Yveria no matter how she act and Yveria do not like long talks.

"Please enjoy yourself and the ceremony." Pagtatapos na wika ng dalaga at umalis na sa harapan.

At ganoon din ang Emperor, umalis na rin ito sa ceremonial hall matapos magsalita ang bagong Dukesa.

"The new duchess seems a little bit shy. She seems unsociable." Komento ng Duchess Damiana.

"I have heard that she is not used to crowded people," Marchioness Gabrel said.

"Narinig ko rin ang balitang iyan. Kaya noon pa man bago mawala ang Duke Ran at Duchess Meria ay bilang lang ang nakakakita sa pisikal na hitsura niya." Sabi naman ng isa pang Dukesa na kasama nila sa lamesa.

Limang nobilities ang magkakasama sa lamesang ito. Tatlo ang Marchioness at dalawa ang Dukesa. Sila ang nakatinginan ng mga lower titles sa kabilang lamesa.

"I haven't heard of that. We should invite her to social gatherings now that she is a Duchess." Duchess Damiana stated while the others just agreed.

"Oh, by any chance, have any of you noticed the presence of Seleste?" Dagdag ng Duchess Damiana.

"Hahaha that ambitious countess? She must be hiding somewhere out of shame. Who knows?" The other Marchioness said as she hissed.

"Yeah, even the rumoured Duke of Renova's House didn't showed up. Marahil ay magkakasama ang mga iyon ngayon. Well, let's forget about them. They are useless now. We should get the trust of this Duchess Kartara." Sambit naman ng Marchioness Gabrel habang nakakainsultong tumawa ito.

The five nobilities made a toast as they thought of something ridiculous.

Now that they have seen the face of the new Duchess of Karsen, every nobility's mindset is focused on getting her on their side while gaining benefits from the Karsen's territory.

But… it is quite obvious that they will not and they will never.

***************
Author's Note

For Novelah readers: Make the font size a lil bit small for better reading experience.

For All: Sorry again for the very very late update, busy ang ferson sa totoong buhay at isang linggong sakit ba naman. Sana ay hindi kayo naligaw sa mga senaryo ng kabanatang ito. Hindi pa tapos ang araw ng seremonya huehue. Love lots <3