Chapter 43: The Demon Lord's Story

Third Person's POV

"Greetings, demon lord; I wish to speak with thee." Lucas Vanaxin bowed his head and paid respect to the lord.

Naglaho agad ang messenger noong nakarating sila sa palasyo ng demon lord.

"Lucas." The rough and cold voice echoes in the castle.

In this realm Lucas Vanaxin is not a Duke but a loyal servant of the demon lord.

"Yes, my lord." Sagot ni Lucas.

"How have you been? Seems like you are now accustomed to your human form." The demon lord said.

"I am honored to have the lord's concern. I am doing well, my lord. I had to be accustomed since if I use my demon form on that human realm I won't be able to work for the mission silently." Lucas politely answered.

"AHAHAHAHA. Lucas, sometimes you should enjoy the things around you and have some fun. You never changed." Halakhak ng demon lord na siya namang ikinababa ng kaba sa loob ni Lucas.

'The lord seems happy. Marahil ay wala naman problema.' Sa isip ni Lucas.

"My lord, shall I know the reason why you called me in your castle after decades?" Magalang ulit na wika nito.

"Right. I haven't regained my original form but that doesn't mean that the important events outside of my palace will not reach my ears." Balik sa seryosong sambit nito.

Nagsimula nanaman pagpawisan ng malalamig si Lucas dahil hindi niya mawari kung ano ang sasabihin ng kanyang lord.

"My lord," sambit ni Lucas pagkatapos ay lumuhod ito nang nakayuko.

"Pardon me for not accomplishing the mission you've entrusted me to do, even after the decades had passed." Lucas pleaded.

'I am doomed. The demon lord dislikes slow phase movements. I should have worked harder.' Lucas thought.

"I've wasted too many souls to steal their human body but still didn't finished my task. I deserve to be punish, my lord." Dagdag pa ni Lucas ngunit hindi niya inaasahan ang sunod na pangyayari.

Humalakhak lang ang demon lord sa kanyang sinabi.

"AHAHAHAHAHA. You are more than a hundred years old Lucas but you still amuse me." The demon lord said as Lucas lifted his head and looked up to the castle's altar.

Mamamatay na si Lucas sa kuryosidad kung ano nga ba ang tunay na nais ng kanyang lord.

"You see that I haven't regained my physical form. That's why you're still talking to this altar. However, I have sent my fragment to a human body more than 10 years ago. My wife did that as well." Wika ng demon lord.

'He has a wife!? I am one of his closest servant for decades but I've never seen his wife. Ni hindi ko nga alam na may asawa siya.' Sa isip ni Lucas.

"I know what you are thinking. Yes, I have a wife and because of our forbidden love, we created a war between realms and made our only daughter suffer. It all started even before the foundation of that Satie Empire. I have met my wife in the human realm. Noong una ay hindi ko alam na galing siya sa daigdig ng mga diyos at diyosa ngunit habang nagiging maayos at gumaganda ang samahan namin noon ay umiinit naman ang mata sa akin ng aking ama. Isang araw nakatanggap na lamang ako ng mensahe galing sa kanya, sa aking ama. My father said that she is the daughter of someone powerful from another realm.  She is the daughter of the Supreme Heavenly Creator but my love for her is more than enough to stop me from leaving. I didn't tell her what I had found and I continue to hide my real identity from her. We lived and loved each other like normal beings can do. My father did not stop me from doing so since he said it will be my burden if the heavenly realm found out about our forbidden love. I have to lie whenever I am visiting the demon realm. Our love gave us a very adorable child. I didn't know the reason why she was there in the human realm because I never searched for it. I just want us to live happily. I just want to see her smile everyday as she carries our lovely daughter. I never thought that all of it would come to an end…"