💥Chapter 12💥

Y/N Pov:

It was the day of the sports festival and I was very nervous. Aizawa told me about it a week ago and I got some training in, but not as much as everyone else. I guess that I was lucky to even get to participate considering that I was kidnapped.

Class 1-A was in the waiting room to be called out when everyone started declaring war on each other. I was trying to think of strategies to win when Present Mic announced Class 1-A. I was still in my world when Katsuki walked over to me. He started pulling me behind him towards the tunnel.

"It's time for us to go, Y/N."

"What? Oh. Thank you Katsuki."

I gave him a small smile and pulled his hand off of my head. I wanted to get him back for dragging me, so I grabbed his arm and ran, pulling him behind me.

I was surprised that he just started to jog to keep up with me. He didn't even threaten to blow me up. I looked back at him and saw that he was facing away from me. It seemed like he was trying to avoid my gaze, but I decided to let it go for now.

When we got out of the tunnel, everyone was screaming cheers at us. They were so excited to see this year's battles. I wish that Grandma could be here, but knowing Midoryia, she will have to work.

We all gathered around Midnight's stage to hear what we would be doing.

"And for the athlete's oath, Bakugou Katsuki of Class 1-A."

Katsuki walked up the stairs to the stage to give the oath. I knew that this wouldn't end well, but at least it will be funny.

Katsuki reached the top and took a second to scan the crowd. His eyes found mine and I gave him a smirk. I knew that he would say something rude, that's just who he is, but I also knew that he just says stuff like that to push himself.

"Make no mistake about it. I'm gonna take first place."

Everyone started booing Katsuki. Katsuki ignored their insults and walked back to his original place by me. I looked at him and gave him a small smile before turning to look at Midnight again.

"I don't have any doubt that you will win. I believe in you."

I said all of this while watching Midnight, so I didn't see the way that Katsuki's face turned redder than a cherry.

Midnight announced the obstacle course race. This wasn't good for me. I need people for my quirk to work, and it isn't heroic of me to sabotage the other competitors. I will have to rely on my training and wits.

As soon as Midnight announced the race, I started making my way to the tunnel where we would start. Since my quirk won't help me it would be nice to be in the front.

When the race started, Todoroki froze the floor and ran ahead. I had jumped over his ice and burst into a Sprint after him.

When I reached the robots, I was only a few feet behind Todoroki. Todoroki froze them and ran through the opening. I could tell that the robots were off-balance, but if I ran fast enough I should be okay.

I made it through the gap right as the robot fell. A piece of debris went flying and hit me in the leg. My leg turned sideways from the hit, I could tell that it was a bad injury, but I had to keep going.

"Todoroki of Class 1-A froze the robots off balance so that they would fall. How cold of him." Present Mic chuckled at his pun before continuing to announce. " He and   L/N made it through, but L/N was hit by a chunk of debris and seems to be injured.   L/N's leg is sideways, but she keeps going!"

I was jumping on one foot as my other leg healed. I had to keep going. I had to go Plus Ultra!

When I reached The Fall, I knew that this was what I needed. My leg should be healed by the time I get across.

I grabbed onto the rope with my hands and hoping that my upper body strength would be enough, I started to climb across the rope. I had to go fast, otherwise, people would run my hands over and I would fall.

By the time I reached the other side, my leg was healed but my arms felt like jello. Now that my leg was healed I could run, so that's what I did. I ran until I made it to the next obstacle.

The next obstacle was landmines. This would slow down the people in the lead. Right now, only Katsuki and Todoroki we're in front of me. I was okay with placing third, but I would have to get going otherwise I'll be placing lower.

I decided to just run and heal any injuries I got. I ran at full speed, and the whole time instead of thinking about how badly I wanted to win, I thought about how much I hated running. Why is there so much running in this competition?

As I ran, I set off many explosions, but I was usually far enough away by that point to not be hurt too badly. A couple of people passed me during this part because their quirks helped them with this sort of thing, unlike mine.

I ended up taking eighth. Right after Tokoyami, who passed me at the last second. I had my hands on my knees as I was trying to catch my breath. That was way too much running.

As I was looking around, I saw Katsuki raging near the tunnel. I walked over to him and set my hand on his shoulder. He was muttering about how stupid Deku beat him and he didn't even notice my touch.

"You did great Katsuki!"

He turned to face me, still in his angry gremlin mode. He was about to talk back before I kept going.

"Third place is really good. I know it isn't first like you wanted, but I completely believe that you will take first in the end. You are my hero after all, and my standards are pretty high."

I smiled at him and he seemed a little less angry.

"You can show Deku up next round. Sound good?"

Katsuki got a burning fire in his eyes. I could tell that he was extremely determined to win.

"I'll beat that stupid Deku into the ground!"

"I'm sure you will. We should go see what the next event is."

Katsuki and I went to Midnight's stage to find out what the next event was.

"Now that we have our top forty-two, we can let the real fun begin. The next event is a Calvary Race. The points are decided by rank, and Midoryia has ten million points."

Everyone turned to look at Midoryia. They were all planning to steal his points because that would mean that they would win.

That wasn't where I was looking though. I was looking at Katsuki.

"Hey Katsuki, wanna team up?"

"I don't know? What's your quirk again?"

Katsuki was teasing me with the faintest of smiles on his face.

"I'm kidding Y/N. You can be on my team, but you have to know one thing. We are not going to lose."