💥Chapter 24💥

Y/N Pov:

When I woke up, I had a pounding headache from crying. I pulled my blanket off of my body and dragged myself out of bed. I got dressed and before I went downstairs, I looked in the mirror. Physically, I looked fine, but you could see the brokenness that I felt if you looked into my eyes.

I forced on a fake smile because I didn't want to worry anyone and went downstairs. Grandma was sitting on the couch and when she saw me, she patted the spot next to her. I sat next to her, desperately trying to hold myself together. I can't be even more of a burden to them.

"UA is starting up a dormitory system so that they can protect the students better."

Grandma looked at me with soft eyes, but that didn't stop my thoughts from taking over. This was my fault! People at UA had to leave their families because a hero in training wasn't strong enough to save herself.

Grandma saw the way that my face fell and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't worry. You'll get closer with your friends this way. You should go pack."

I nodded my head and pulled out of the hug. I slumped upstairs and started packing up my things. Everything went into a box until I only had one thing left. The picture of me and my parents.

What would they say if they saw me now? Would they comfort me, or would they make me train harder? I wish that I had the chance to find out, but that's the sad reality of this. I never will. I'll never hear what they think of my friends or worry about getting their approval because they are gone. Nothing will ever change that. Nothing will bring my parents back, so I've learned to live with the grief. I learned to accept it, but that doesn't change the fact that it still hurts every day.

I placed the picture in the last open box and taped it shut. I had a duffel bag of necessities for tonight and I'd be moving in tomorrow. Tonight, I'd be sleeping on the couch.

By the time that I finished moving everything downstairs, it was almost time for me to go to bed. I did a quick workout, showered, and lay on the couch. I wanted to sleep so badly, but my mind wouldn't let me.

All Might had to retire because of you.

People will die because All Might wasn't there, and it will be your fault.

You couldn't protect Katsuki, and now he has trauma too!

Do you want to be a hero?

You can't even save yourself!

Tears slipped out of my eyes as my mind blocked out everything else. It was all my fault!

I grabbed onto my pillow and squeezed it tightly, hoping to break out of this state, but it didn't work. My mind wouldn't stop!

I was gasping for breath from crying so hard when I realized that I couldn't breathe. I clawed at the couch cushions, desperate for air.

You deserve this.

That was my last thought before I passed out.

I stood outside of the 1-A dorms, in awe of its size. Other people started to show up, and when I saw Katsuki I wasted no time running over to him.

"Katsuki! How have you been? How were Mitsuki and Masaru?"

"I'm fine Y/N. The hag and old man were worried, but they're fine now."

"Are you sure that you're okay?"

I needed to know if he was hurting like I was. If he was blaming himself. I didn't want him to go through that at all, let alone by himself.