Chapter 03: Oplan First Lady

A/N: Thank you so much for your warm welcome to our cast! I enjoyed reading your comments and tweets last night.

CASTIEL

"EMERGENCY MEETING!"

Valeria slammed her right fist on the conference table as if she was pressing that red button in Among Us. Complete attendance kaming USC officers sa loob ng conference room, maliban kay Priam na naiwan sa cubicle niya. Meeting on a Wednesday was an unusual sight in this office, but we had to talk about an urgent matter. Hindi namin puwedeng ipagpaliban ito.

"Ipinatawag ko kayong lahat dahil may kailangan tayong pag-usapan," Val began. She stood at the end of the table, the place where Priam was usually seated. Kinuha niya ang copy ng The Herald sa mesa na inilabas nitong Lunes at ipinakita sa amin ang front page. Her finger pointed at the headline just below the banner story. "In their second opinion poll sa Herald, mas mababa ang nakuhang approval rating ni Priam. This is a matter of serious concern for us."

Calling for a meeting might have been my idea, but as the vice president, Val had to preside over in the absence of the president. Mabuti't pareho kaming concerned sa ipinakita niyang poll. If she did not care at all, she would not agree with me to hold this discussion.

"How the student body sees the president will affect on how they see us as the highest student organization in the university," she went on as she clutched on her chest. "Dahil mababa ang ratings ni Priam, we can assume na hindi rin gano'n kaganda ang tingin nila sa atin. That's why we have to do something about it! Puwede pa nating baligtarin ang sitwasyon!"

If this were a mobile online battle arena thing, we were still in the early game. There was still the mid-game and the late game. Puwede pa kaming mag-comeback sa public perception nightmare na ito. I was one hundred percent confident that we could. Otherwise, I would not have pushed for the plan.

"Cas here has devised a plan to fix this mess. Let's listen to him." Val turned to me and gave me a quick nod. That was my cue.

My left hand grabbed my walking cane and used it to prop me up. Pagkatayo ko, bumalik na si Val sa upuan para magbigay-daan sa akin. Ako naman ang tumayo sa dulo ng mesa para mag-present. Ibinaba ko ang projector screen na nasa whiteboard sa likuran ko at sumenyas sa mga kasama ko na patayin muna ang ilaw.

Click.

The conference room went dark, and only the light outside illuminated the aquarium.

"Thank you, Val. Before I start . . . Sabrina?" I called the secretary. Tumango sa akin ang babaeng may suot na salamin at naka-sweep sa isang side ang bangs. She pressed a button on the projector and made some clicks on the laptop in front of her. May lumitaw na image sa screen.

I could have discussed the plan by just talking, but I preferred to have a slideshow presentation. I might lose them half way, so it was best for them to have something that they could review later on.

Play The Queen: Act OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara