Epilogue

A/N: THE STORY IS NOT DONE YET! Here's the MUST-READ EPILOGUE of ACT ONE!

CASTIEL

THE FALCON failed to capture its prey. Now it sat alone on top of the mountain, gawking at the plains below, wondering where he went wrong.

I pushed the door of the rooftop and found the lonely Reynard Falcon on the ledge. It had been an hour since his disastrous explosive exposé. I asked him to meet me here where no one could see us.

"You planning to jump?" I said as I limped my way toward him. "Or do you want to test if you have wings, just like what your surname suggests?"

"Go on. Gloat." He had his hoodie up, his hands in his pockets. He did not bother turning around to look at me. "You won. I lost."

"The truth is, you almost won." I stood beside him and stared down the wide campus field. I was reminded of how insignificant everyone and everything below was. "But I managed to get to Fabienne before she could go live with you. Kung hindi ko siya nakausap kaninang lunchtime, ako na siguro ang most wanted na estudyante ngayon."

"I may have lost, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop chasing you." He peered at me over his shoulder, his eyes filled with fiery determination. "In fact, I've never been this motivated to pursue a story. I'll expose your lies and deceit to the student body, and you'll lose everything. I promise."

I sighed. This guy would never learn. The game was already over! "Fabienne won't speak about it anymore. No one in the council will. You may have almost all of the puzzle pieces, but if none of us is willing to speak to you, then you've got nothing."

He chuckled. "Don't underestimate me, Mr. Chief-of-Staff. I can always find ways."

"Why are you so hell-bent in chasing us down?" I asked. "Wala naman kaming na-misuse na student activity fund. Wala naman kaming ninakaw na office supplies. I don't get your obsession with us."

"You're lying to the student body by putting on a romantic show. You want to hold on to power by winning a second term next student council election—"

"Hold up!" I cut him off. "Sa tingin mo ba'y ginagawa namin 'to dahil sakim kami sa kapangyarihan?" I could not help but laugh at him. "Masyado naman yatang mababa ang tingin mo sa amin."

"Then what else could it be?"

I looked on straight ahead. "Let's just say that we're trying to prevent a much worse person from taking the reins of power in this university who will also perpetuate a culture of impunity here."

He giggled. "Does that person even exist?"

"He does." I gave him a firm nod. "And that's what I want us to talk about. Ang tanong ay ready ka bang makinig?"

Bumuntonghininga siya. "May ibang choice pa ba ako?"

"Remember this person?" I showed him my phone where the photo of a varsity player was displayed. "Michelangelo Jordan, team captain of the basketball team?"