Chapter 31: Opening Salvo

A/N: This is the start of the fourth story arc of Act One/Book One. It will run from Chapters 31-40.

 It will run from Chapters 31-40

CASTIEL

I EXPECTED that our path to reelection would not be an easy one. There would be speed bumps on the road that would try to slow us. There would be man holes that would try to trap us. That much was something that I had already anticipated. Considering all possibilities and hindrances was part of my job as the council's chief strategist.

But I did not expect that it was going to be this challenging. I was only expecting to deal with one major antagonist who would do everything to stop us. Ready na akong kalabanin siya at kontrahin kung anuman ang binabalak niya. My UNO reverse cards were ready. But I was not aware that there would be another antagonist—someone who was as formidable as the first.

On the good side, I knew who to watch out for and where they could attack us. On the bad side, I did not know yet when they would launch an offensive and how intense their attacks would be. Ang tanging magagawa ko at ng University Student Council ay maghanda sa anumang pag-atake sa kahit anong oras. It was like an earthquake. There was no way to predict when it would hit us, but we could prepare for it.

Fabianne and Priam were already official in the eyes of the student body, so they needed to step up their game. Mabuti't marami pang interested at uhaw na uhaw sa kanilang relationship. Well, we managed to sustain almost everyone's interest. I would not lie: Fabienne's too charming that only a few could resist her. Kung wala siya o kung iba ang napili kong First Lady, malamang nilangaw na si Priam o hindi gano'n kasing effective ang plano namin.

Speaking of Fabienne, I owed her big time for the mess that I had created for the sake of my plan. Priam mentioned to me that she had undergone counseling after the truth was revealed. Those two days must not have been kind to her. But you know what's more important? She survived the mudslinging and emerged stronger than before.

Would I ever tell her about my involvement? Of course not!

Everything had been settled since the day of the fake controversy, but there was one way I could give her peace: Make sure that her ex-boyfriend would be punished severely. He was a piece that I did not invite to my chessboard. Now, I would be the one to take him out of the game.

And that was what I intended to do today.

Last week, I filed an official complaint against Michelangelo Jordan to the grievance committee. S-in-et ng Student Affairs director ngayong Miyerkoles ang hearing. I would be representing the side of the USC and Fabienne. I wonder who would be representing him?

Ten minutes before the meeting time, I had already arrived at the conference room of the Office of Student Affairs. Nandoon na ang tatlong university official na magkakatabi sa isang side ng oval table— Sonia Altamonte the director of Student Affairs, Grace Carreon the director of Guidance and Counseling Center, and Alfred Regalado the director of Athletics and Recreation.