TEASER: Play The King

IN THE SECOND ACT OF THE "PLAY" SERIES

IN THE SECOND ACT OF THE "PLAY" SERIES . . . 

—The past will catch up with the present—

"They stole her presidency, 'Ric! Those fucking bastards did! If they didn't, she would have been . . . she would have been . . ."

"Don't worry about them anymore. Let me handle it. I won't let them get away. I'll steal back what they stole from her . . . and you."

—Paths will cross again—

"I think we should focus on—"

"Sorry to interrupt. Nag-text sa akin ang guard. May visitor daw tayo."

"Who? We're not expecting anyone, are we?"

"A representative from Clark University. Said she used to be a student here."

"It's been a while, Priam—Sorry, you're no longer that Priam. Where are my manners? Forgive me, mister president."

"I'm fundamentally the same. It's nice to see you again, Ingrid. Or should I call you madam representative?"

—The stage will shake—

"Fab, I've got a feeling that this is all for a show. You don't really love him, do you?"

"Ano ba'ng sinasabi mo, Colin? Hindi ka pa ba convinced sa—"

"Isa akong actor. Nase-sense ko kapag may uma-acting sa harapan ko."

—Players will take turns—

"Since the vice president is facing impeachment, I move that she inhibits from her duties as chairperson of this committee. In her stead, chair pro tempore and majority leader Alaric Esteban shall preside over the impeachment hearing."

"Alaric is only powerful because of his alliance with the other chairpersons. If we take that away . . ."

"But how, Cas? You've seen how extremely loyal they are to him."

"We need to find a wedge that we can drive between them. We need to find or create a crack."

"You hold a piece of information—a bullet that can shoot down the alpha tiger of this university. Tell me the truth and let me write about it."

"Ha! You don't know what he's capable of! Sa tingin mo ba, mapatutumba mo si Alaric gamit ang article mo?"

"On my own, I can't take him down. But the truth will."

—The ship may sail—

"We keep lying to the student body. To everyone. About this. About us."

"It doesn't sit well with me, but it has to be done."

"What if . . . we stop lying? To them. And to ourselves?"

—But it will hit some waves—

"Do you like Priam? I noticed kasi na parang gusto mo laging nakukuha ang atensyon niya."

"Oh, is that the First Lady's kind way of telling me to back off? Nagseselos ka ba~?"

"As you already know, he's mine and I'm his. I'm not jealous. Just curious."

"Do you know that in chess, a simple pawn like me can be promoted to your position as queen?"

"Is that a threat?"

—And the crown will be at stake—

"Please raise your right hand and repeat after me. I, state your name, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of . . ."

Players will make moves and countermoves. Chess pieces will dance on the board. Kings will clash—and only one of them can wear the crown and sit in the coveted throne.

The play resumes.