INTERLUDE: The Herald's August Issue (Front Page)

TRANSCRIPTION:

TRANSCRIPTION:

August 2021 — Volume 19

THE HERALD
Official Student Publication of Elysian University
Seek the Truth. Vanquish the Lies

SOCIAL SCIENCES PROF FIRED
Student reveals forbidden relationship
by Reynard Falcon

A FACULTY member of the Social Sciences Department has been fired by the University following the report that he's in an indecent relationship with a college student.

Last week, a female student who spoke under the condition of anonymity revealed to the Herald that she's been dating Dr. Josiah Paras, a Sociology professor, for five months.

"Nagsimula ang relationship namin noong patapos na ang last semester," she said. "Bagsak ako sa subject niya tapos in-offer-an niya akong bibigyan ng mataas na grade kung makikipag-date ako sa kanya."

What she thought was a one-time date turned into multiple dates. Paras later blackmailed her into being in a relationship with him.

"Wala akong choice kasi may hawak siya laban sa akin," she (continued on page 2)

USC prexy's approval up by 7%
by Clarence Alfonso

THE APPROVAL rating of University Student Council Priam Torres is back to 35% from last month's 28%. This is the same rating he had when the academic year started.

In a survey conducted by The Herald, a number of respondents noted the improvement on the president's behavior. Some cited the viral (continued on page 2)

Romeo & Juliet cast reveal soon
by Kevin Quiambao

THE REPERTORY Theater will soon reveal the ensemble of the upcoming modern take on the Romeo and Juliet classic.

The production staff has kept (continued on page 4)

TOP 8 TIPID HACKS YOU MAY WANNA LEARN! — GO TO PAGE 7