Chapter 27: An Unlikely Ally

A/N: Who is the unlikely ally?

CASTIEL

THINGS STARTED to get out of hand. The plot was going crazy. The main characters were not acting according to the script. Some side characters were interfering. The audience's reaction was unpredictable. If I could not put our act together, this chaotic situation would blow up on us, and I would have no one else to blame but me.

We were still on the bus ride back to campus when we saw a video of Fabienne confronting her ex-boyfriend in the gymnasium. Meron palang nag-broadcast nang live sa kanilang usapan sa locker room. When she told me that one of her exes was in college, the thought of him messing with my plan had already crossed my mind. But I never considered that he would mess this way! This was completely unexpected.

When we finally got back on campus, Priam and I saw Fabienne coming out of the gymnasium. Nahiya siguro siya dahil sa latest na tsismis kaya agad siyang umiwas ng tingin sa amin at naglakad sa kabilang direksyon. To my surprise, Priam decided to run after her. What a fool! He should not be seen together with her yet!

Even if I was limping—thanks to my cursed left leg—I tried to run after him and stop him from whatever he was thinking. That's one of the rare moments where I wished I could run. Ngunit mas mabilis ang takbo ni Priam kaya naabutan niya agad ang kanyang First Lady. The two faced each other, then Fabienne threw herself into Priam. She broke down in tears while he embraced her. They stood there for a few minutes which felt like forever.

Hinayaan ko na ang dalawa sa kanilang moment. They decided to go off script. I could not do anything about it anymore. Every student who passed by the area came to a halt and watched their little scene in front of the gym. May mga naglabas pa ng kanilang phone at kinuhanan silang dalawa ng retrato. The longer the two stayed there, the more attention they attracted.

"What the . . ." Valeria stood beside me, her mouth gaped open. Her eyes began to well up with tears as she watched the two in each other's arms. She was too stunned to speak, she began to stutter when she tried. "This . . . This can't be happening. Priam. . . I thought. . ."

"Calm down." I glanced sideways at her. "This off-the-script scene can play to our advantage. Don't interrupt their moment. Let them feel it. Let the students see it."

"No, I can't . . ." Val snapped back to her usual self. She took a couple of steps forward, but I was quick to grab her sleeve and pulled her back to me. Lumingon siya sa akin, naglalawa pa rin ang mga mata niya. "Let me go, Cas."

"Don't ruin this moment for them," I uttered each word with so much emphasis. Alam kong masakit para sa gaya niyang makita na ganito ka-close ang dalawa. This was also beyond the rules that the two had set for their pretend relationship. Magkasama lamang dapat, ni hindi nga pwedeng maghawak-kamay. Now, they were embracing each other. They had never been this close before.

"But—"

"Don't make the situation worse than it already is," I insisted with a hiss. Iginala ko ang aking mga mata. Mabuti't nakatuon sa First couple ang atensyon ng lahat. "Baka mas malala pa riyan ang makita mo. Fabienne is hurt. Priam cares about her. That's the mood right now. Just step back, hold your tears, and watch."