CHAPTER 31

The outside of my house was filled with my aunties, friends, family, and well-wishers. Empty Bottles of drink and takeaway packs were littered everywhere, the nice aroma of Jollof rice and masa filled the entire building.

I couldn't walk for a second without being stopped to greet the elderly ladies. "She is the bride, come to say hello to Saddiq's mother," my aunt said with a wide smile even if I didn't have a slight hint of who the person she was talking about was.

That was how it was for almost an hour before I was finally free to go into my room. I let out a sigh of relief before pulling my door open.

The moment I  infiltrated my room. Aliyah was the first to hug me. Alhamdulilah that you are fine sis. Where have you been? You got me really worried, I almost thought you weren't going to go through with your wedding and that my clothes were going to go to waste. She let out close to my ear for Only me to hear as a chuckle escaped my lips.

We're you worried about me or the clothes?" I asked. "Both but, of course, you were more of a priority." She said making me smile.

"Of course you know I have no reason to back down right?" I said close to her ear.

Common enough with the hug and missing communication, the makeup artist had been waiting. we heard summayah say as she held me by the hands, after an hour of dusting and applying. The makeup artist was done and my friends wouldn't stop teasing.

"Yau, Amar bazai bar kalanki ba," (Amar wouldn't take his eyes off you,) Aliyah teased making the rest of the girls clap in cheesiness and agreement.

I stared at my friends that seemed to look happy for me. They had no idea what exactly was going on in my mind, they all were excited about the dinner but all that didn't seem to matter one bit.

"Ya Allah, I seek your blessing and your mercy for all that I have sinned," I said as the door plunged open showing ummah dressed in a very beautiful and high-quality lace.

I looked up to notice my friends walking out. "I still can't believe that you have grown this much, I remember when I gave birth to you. You looked tiny and I couldn't help but tear up at the fact that God blessed me with a daughter like you. Amal, I want you to know that I trust Amar to take care of you, you certainly have nothing to worry about." She said as I watched her bring out a box before handing it to me.

"What is this ummah?" I asked.

"It a ring, it most expensive ring called asirfa, your grandmother used to wear as protection and right now I want you to have it, I won't be with you but Allah would protect you." She said before pulling me into a hug.

I couldn't help it as I began to sob. "Stop being a cry baby before you ruin your makeup and the big day," she said but that wasn't why I was crying.

I was crying because I wasn't okay and she wasn't noticing or asking. I wanted to tell her I was raped and that I got pregnant and that my life was a mess but I just couldn't.

Ya Allah, Please guide me on the right part. I said before wiping the tear and nodding at my mother with a smile.

This was my fate and I was going to accept everything with alhamdulillah.