CHAPTER 19

"What do you mean b..y.. I.am engaged?" I asked not minding the soap that kept entering my mouth. "I don't know, why are you stammering? You should be pleased that you are getting married to Amar, I mean. I ain't ready yet! I could have been dancing round the house if I was in your shoes." She said jumping on the bed we shared as I quickly washed my hair as drizzle of tears dropped.

The worst thing my parent could do right now was to give me out on an arranged marriage. I never dreamt of having an arranged marriage, I want a man that I would gladly pick as my Muharram. Worst of it, I wasn't going to Marry Amar! I didn't love him one bit and I know I wasn't going to come to love him.

Immediately after I drained my hair. I went to the kitchen and I could see the wide grin on ummah face, "Amal, The Jalal family want your hand in Marriage." She said washing the last plate in the sink before turning the tap off and staring at me. "Ummah," I said as water kept finding it way out of my eyes. "I don't want to Marry Amar, I don't love him." I said with more tears finding it way out of my eyes, I couldn't help it as I started hiccuping.

"What do you mean by you don't love him?" Ummah asked with confusion written all over her eyes. "I thought you youngsters, had come to know each other and liked each other?" She asked yet again. "U...mmaa...h it was all a prank not to get him married." I said making ummah more confused.

"Amal, I am lost right now! And, for me to understand you. You have to stop crying." Ummah said as she ordered me to go wash my face. Tears kept streaming down my eyes as I strode upstairs to the toilet, I decided to brush and clean it but more tears kept finding it way.

I opened the room door to notice Aliyah watching a Korean movie on my laptop, "don't tell me you are crying because of being engaged to Amar?" She said making more tears stream at the mention of Amar name.

I hated the fact that she had to bring more tears to my eyes as I strode to the laptop she was watching and closed it before entering into the privy and locking my self. I sat on the floor and decided to cry at my stupidity, I guess I was at fault for agreeing to be Amar pretend fiancee, I instantly felt like throwing up as I went for the toilet seater to throw up.

I hated that I had to throw up from thinking about being married to Amar, I decided to clean my face and go lay on my bed a little but I felt like throwing up again.

I washed my mouth and came out of the bathroom but my cloth was all soaked with water and I felt my temperature a bit high and my body felt weak. I must have cried a lot for the pains I felt in my body, I decided to take a nap and maybe talk to Abba when he comes back from the office. Maybe telling both my parent the truth was going to help me from not marrying Amar.

********

After sleeping for hours. Aliyah had woken me for both Magrib and isha, and immediately after praying I had gone back to sleep again, it felt weird that I have gone to the toilet for the 3rd time this evening. I had woken up later by 1:34Am when everybody including Abba was asleep. I felt still sleepy and hungry, I decided to eat maybe some cake from the fridge.

Tomorrow, I was going to go to the hospital with surrayah since she said her fiancee was a doctor. At least she had insisted I tried the hospital once and it seems I had to go check myself for a malaria before it get really serious, immediately after finishing my cake.

I checked my phone for the time and saw missed calls and text from Amar. Seeing his call and text made me more sick and weak, I decided to swap both the text and calls without opening it. He was making my live miserable and I hated him for it. I decided to text surrayah about going to her fiancee, hospital before fully retiring to bed.

I grabbed my blanket and covered my whole body after saying a little prayer before bed.