CHAPTER 16

Amal POV

I wasn't going to accept Amar's proposal of having to be his pretend fiance but there was this guy on my WhatsApp, his name is Amir. Well, Amir and I have been chatting on the phone and he calls me mostly in the morning and at night, I even find him more attractive whenever he sends me cute texts in the morning and goodnight texts before I set to bed. In no time I found myself liking him and as a lady, I just couldn't tell him how I felt about him first and I prayed in my heart that he was single.

Luckily for me, he later told me how he felt about me and that he was single. I was overwhelmed and I felt precious, I knew Amir was the right one right at that point! We recently talk mostly about marriage. And recently Amir had invited me over to their place but I just couldn't go because I had no excuse to tell ummah or Abba, And Amir had said he wanted to introduce me to his mother before she traveled outside the country.

And luckily I have got a chance by using Amar as my key password to get past my parents. It was on a Saturday and Amal had called that he was going to come to pick me up, Amal and I only Talk through the phone when it is necessary.

He doesn't text me or bugs me with calls as I thought he was going to. Not like I was expecting though, my parent had allowed me to go to Amar house this evening because I think they trusted Amar so much. So, I was sitting in Amar's car at 5:30 pm going to see his mother and uncle.

Amar and I hadn't exchange any words throughout the ride. But thank God we finally pulled into a giant gate, to be sincere the house was a very big one. I carried my bag in my hand as we head inside.

Amar pushed the door open as we entered making me look at how beautiful the furniture and interior design look, I turned to notice him looking at a Man in the parlor! I guessed that must be his dad.

"Follow me," he said as he directed me to the parlor door. And immediately we entered I could notice ummaimah, a girl, A man, and an elderly woman.
"Amal? What are you doing here?" She asked staring at me, "can you please show me the toilet, please?" I said as she stood up to walk me there.

As we reached inside a room that looked honestly elegant with an amazing scent of "talare wuta" the whole house had the scent though.

"Ummaimah, I don't want to use the toilet, I am here as Amar pretend Fiance," I said making her eyes pop up in surprise. "Are you alright, what if his mom finds out?" She asked me as she sat down on the bed. "It just for a week,  he want his uncle to stop bugging him about his cousin," I said as she stood up to help me adjust my powder. "Just two weeks?" She said making me nod.

We walked downstairs and Amar stood up to introduce me to his mother and uncle. To be sincere his mum was very welcoming but his uncle had this frown on his face, and his daughter was very pretty, I wondered why Amar doesn't want to be with her, Amar's mother had asked we the ladies to join in preparing the meal faster.

And to be sincere the kitchen was three times bigger than our house. They were totally rich, in no time everybody in the kitchen had a story to tell as we all did our various chores. The girl Amar was going to Marry was very jovial and nice to me as she kept telling me the story of how Malik and ummaimah had met, I had even found out her name was Nadia.

We waited for a while before the different meal was taken to the dining table. We were almost settling down when my phone began to beep, I decided to excuse my self after taking the call.

"Hello, Amir?" I said with a wide smile on my face, I have never seen Amir physically but I just couldn't wait to see him. "I have been calling and texting, where have you been?" He asked. "Well, I am at a friend's house and we left to prepare some food in the kitchen," I said. "Okay, I will call again! Maybe, later." He said making me nod like he could see me.

Immediately I sat down on the dining. Nadia passed me a plate with a nice smile on her face. "thank you," I said as she nods in affirmation.

"So, when are both of you getting married?" The man who is Amar's uncle asked making me choke on the first spoon that got into my mouth.