CHAPTER 36

My eyes lit up to an empty bed. I took my phone to check the time, it was ten o'clock, how did I sleep this deep? I had woken up for subhi and had gone back to sleep the minute I was done praying. I sighed heavily before getting off the bed. I checked my box for a toothbrush, I finally found it after much scattering here and there.

After brushing, I went downstairs to be hit with the scent of egg and fish. Amar seemed to be in the kitchen singing to himself as he made something on the gas, he seemed to be engrossed in whatever he was doing! He could hardly notice my presence.

He limped on his toes as I watched him take out a toaster. He seemed great in the kitchen as a smile found its way to my lips. "You're awake?" his voice let out, making me nod. "Good morning?" I greeted as a broad smile appeared on his lips. For some reason, I hated the fact that those smiles made him look attractive.

"Breakfast would be ready soon, I wanted to bring some to you! I know you must be tired," he muttered as a small smile appeared on my lips. "Did you sleep well?" he asked as I took a seat close to the kitchen. "Yes, I did sleep well," I said, earning a nod from him.

He dropped a plate in front of me before dropping toast bread in front of me. "You shouldn't have gone through the stress, I would have done this if you had woken me up," I said as he dropped the hot cup of smoky tea in front of me. "My wife had a tough time and being a little help wouldn't complicate any issue with our child," he muttered and my heart skipped for a few minutes. I wanted to say something but I was speechless.

"I want us to travel out soon," he said, making me shake my head. I couldn't leave my family and people I know to another place, "we have to do that for the sake of this child, very soon it won't be something we can hide," he said. For some reason he was right.

"Alright," I muttered as he sat opposite me to eat our breakfast. "Mom wants to see you before we travel out and you might want to tell your parents about it too, though it might take a week to get things finalized." he let out, making me nod.

I took a bite from the toasted bread and the taste was amazing. How could he toast the bread to taste this good? "Do you like what I have made?" he asked like he was reading my mind. "Yes, it tastes great," I said, making him chuckle a little.

"Since you like it, I deserve some gift," he said, making me stare at him. "What kind of gift?" I asked. "A morning kiss from my wife," he said, making me lower my gaze.

"I was only joking," he let out. "Don't worry, I would make more delicious food for just you," he said, making me drink from the tea with a nod. "Thank you," I muttered as his phone began to ring.

"I need to take this," he said before standing up to leave.