CHAPTER 22

"Amal, i didn't call so that you can accept the engagement proposal my parent sent." Amar said through the phone, if I hadn't gotten pregnant I would have been glad that he didn't want me to accept the proposal but I badly needed his help right now! I just couldn't put my families name in shame.

"Sure, I know that! I willingly want to accept your proposal because it seems my parent won't go back on their words." I said as surrayah kept lip saying what I should say next. "So, do you want us to get married next week?" I asked without thinking.

"I don't know what your reasons are but I can't get married to you next week or even next month," he blankly said. "But why?" I asked snappily feeling my heart crumble at his rejection. "Because you seem to be hiding something or you have a motive to want me to get married to you without even getting to know me, and just today you had shut me up over a text, you had even rejected my call." He said with a voice which indicated that he was hurt.

"Can we talk?" I asked not knowing my voice was cracking. "Are you crying?" He asked with concern in his voice. "Can we just talk?" I asked again. "Do you want me to come over to your house?" He asked. "No," I said.

"You can pick me up at the address I would send to you right now." I said before dropping my phone, I couldn't help it as more tears came to my eyes and surrayah came to hug me. We stayed outside the hospital waiting for Amar to drop by.

Few minute his car came into sight as he opened his door, I waved my hand at him. "I should check on Amir," she said making my heart break into million pieces at the mention of Amir, I couldn't tell her to break up with him! I mean I had no right, I stared at her before nodding my head.

To be sincere, I was angry at Amir but I still loved him and I would wish he would be with me instead of surrayah. "Hey," Amar said. "Hey," I said as we entered his car. "Are you okay Amal?" He asked. "Amar, do you remember when you promised to return the favor I rendered to you?" I asked and he nodded with kin interest.

"Well, I hope today regardless of what happens you can still grant me that favor." I said and he said Inshaallah. "Amar, I am pregnant?" I said as I watched his reaction. "How did you get pregnant without Marriage?" He asked and I wiggled my head to indicate that I don't know either.

"You can't just tell me a baby just decided to develop itself," he asked amusement in his eyes. "Well, I had a guy I liked and the first day we decided to meet, it seems that he drugged my drink and, and," I stammered. "And?" He asked. "He raped me." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Does your parent know?" He asked and I wiggled my head again. "Do you intend to tell them?" He asked. "I don't want my dad to disown me, he may never want to see me again! Please, please don't tell them." I pleaded.

"I wasn't willing to tell them, and I would Marry you! I mean next week." He said making me pleased. "Thank you so much, but you didn't ask about the father of this." I said pointing at my stomach.

"I don't care about the father, if you let me I can be his dad." He said with a wide grin exposing his dimple. On a normal note this was supposed to make me pleased that someone was ready to be there for the thing in my Tommy but I totally wasn't pleased.

"Do you want me to tell your parent?" He asked making a drizzle of sweat foam in my head,"No, no." I said sharply. "I mean about we getting married next week?" He asked me again. "Yes, please." I said.

"Are you going to wait for?" I knew who he was talking about so I just brushed it and said I would call her when I get home. With that Amar drove me home,.

I watched his car zoom off after dropping me at home. I knew I owed him my life for this big help but I knew this marriage was going to be hard because their wasn't going to be any affection or love.