CHAPTER 10

AMAL POV

This was unbelievable and remarkable.
Was he the owner! I mean the youngest man who owned the company my dad talked about always? Dawdle a minute. was this the same arrogant man my dad praised always? My dad had even gone to the extent of wishing for a man just like him for me to marry.

I think my dad hasn't known his personality and attitudes. This man was a green snake under the green grass, Perhaps he just pretends in front of people to earn him credit. I thought to myself. I believe my dad doesn't know the kind of husband I pray for always When sitting on my praying mat and wishing God answers them.

After ummaimah had said it loud and clear that he was the so-called MR JALAL I was asked to meet, I just needed to make everything short and easy. He glanced at ummaimah giving her the sign language that he was ready to take it from here. She turned her face to the front Not looking back before getting engrossed with her phone again.

I hated what was going on, I felt the ground could open and swallow me. Why doesn't he just go straight to the point and stop with the staring? "Hey, Amal?" he finally said. "I don't know where we have met before or if we have ever met in this lifetime. Still, if I ever offended you in any way forgive me." he continued.

He looked at me with those pleading eyes. Which made my heart want to forgive him! I kept mute just staring at this man, I wanted to lay all my anger on him. But since God is all-forgiving and can forgive us his believers, I should also be able to forgive him. This isn't important right now, I uttered.

I think some other time this could be discussed But there won't be another time, I told him. He looked like he was sad that I had said there wasn't going to be another time. But I didn't care if he felt sad about whatever I said. "I am AMAL HAMMAJODA my dad is MR HAMMAJODA, he sent me to get the equipment from MR JALAL and I think that is you if I am not a misunderstanding," I said blinking my eyes.

   "The equipment is with me right now. So, where do you live?" Amar asked staring at me. I just want to drop you and the equipment he replied. "you don't need to worry or bother." I said. The face he gave felt like he was getting angry. but all I wanted to do now is to get home quickly, my dad must have come back and waiting. I could see a car parked in front of ours, ummaimah turned to look at both I and Amar before uttering something striking.

"Amar and Amal I need to head on, Malik was close by and he wanted to pick me up for shopping." I could see the grin on Amar's face. he kept smiling like he had won a trophy, this was pissing me off. why was he finding everything funny or amazing? He was making my day horrible and making me regret meeting ummaimah like this, I wished we had met in a better way.

"Maybe I could join you guys?" I said staring at ummaimah! "no, you can't join them," Amar said with a frown. Why was he answering for her? Did she say she was tight-lipped? "I meant they are going to be newly married soon and need privacy, right? Amar said. I could see the stare ummaimah bestowed.

Ummaimah waved at me and collected my number, so we could be in touch, She said she would like me to attend her wedding and she was keeping in touch with me.
I wasn't going to answer yet till I have asked Abba and umma. I waved at her shaking her hands and saying goodbye. After their car had left and was out of sight, I came out of the car.

Amar also came out of the car, "you should give me the equipment so I can head-on." I told him not to make eye contact. "No! no, no. Just get into the car so I can drop you. meanwhile, I want to meet with your dad." Amar said scratching his head with the car keys! "since you are meeting with him you should probably give him the equipment." I said getting fed with the drama going on.

It looked like he was getting annoyed also and that made me happy. At least if he was angry he was going to drop the equipment and leave, I couldn't even utter a word when I noticed I was being carried like a baby.

Why was my heart beating so fast? I guess it was because I was carried unexpectedly. I didn't want to look at who was carrying me because I knew already who it was, I struggled so hard so he could put me down. He opened the door of the car and put me inside and locked it with his key Before getting into the car.

I tried to unlock the door but I guess he locked it. Are you trying to kidnap me? I said not looking at him. If I was going to kidnap you, What do I even gain? Amar asked making me speechless.

**********

Hey, lovers 🌹
What do you think so far?

don't forget to vote and comment❤️