CHAPTER 18

Today, being a Saturday. I woke up feeling very pleased and happy. I was going to see Amir and I couldn't wait, I don't even know if I was the only person who got goosebumps from seeing a stranger you have been chatting with for a while.

I had woken up early and done my house chores as early as possible. I had told my mum that I had to visit Amar not telling them I was seeing a total stranger Amir. I stared at the mirror as I kept applying so much makeup just so I can impress him, I felt strange butterflies in my Tommy as the time kept ticking.

Finally, it was 2.00 Am and I took my bag from the cupboard where I had hanged it, I took my perfume and kept spraying. I even decided to use both ummah and Abba perfume too! This was just to impress Amir.

I had left the house and entered a taxi to an eatery where Amir said we were going to meet up first. To be sincere I was already panting from the happiness of seeing the guy I liked, I finally reached the eatery and paid off the taxi driver. I stared at the eatery one last time before heading inside, I entered to be slapped with the beautiful aroma of snacks and dishes which made my Tommy grumble.

I stared around and brought out my phone to place a call but a hand waved at me making me drop my phone in my bag. I ambled closer, All I could say was MASHALLAH. I knew I was committing a grave sin but all my heart could say was that we weren't doing something sinful, I mean we were only going to eat and talk then I meet his mother.

To be sincere, I couldn't help the fact that Amir was not what I expected. I mean, he was just cute in the blue kaftan he had on. Though I had seen his picture but he just looked perfect and handsome, but I knew nobody was perfect.

After introducing ourselves properly. We ate and left the eatery, shortly we were on our way to Amir's house. We kept talking about my school and his work and family, just something to wail away time. To be sincere, I felt safe with Amir.

He was just all I prayed for as a husband. In no time we were in front of a building, it was a beautiful building with flowers everywhere to give it a perfect beautification. Amir had been a gentleman to open the door for me to walk inside the house before offering me a chair to sit, I stared at him as he heads upstairs, the house was too quiet and at that point, I felt uncomfortable.

Amir came back and told me his mom was going to be downstairs soon and that he was going to get me something to drink. I told him I was okay but he still insisted I drank something.

I decided to take only a sip from the drink and in no time I had taken a full cup because of how tasty the drink was. I didn't know what happened but I had woken up to see my self on the chair, I checked the time it was 5:00 PM. I checked in case I could see Amir but no one was in the house.

I could feel pain, so much pain on my waist, and my pant felt sticky. Maybe, I was just on my period But I hated that it came at this point. I decided to check the whole house but it was empty, I took my bag and took my phone to call Amir but it wasn't going and my heart was at a full speed! I decided to head home since it was getting late and my parent might start to worry.

What if? I shouldn't even think of that right now.

I decided to dial an Uber and in no time the driver was here and I closed the door and left, but as I walked to the gate I could feel soreness and pains. I decided to hurry home so I could change from these cloth and do some cleaning.

As I head home, I hated that my period decided to show up today.

It had been a week and Amir had stop calling or texting. instead, Amar had kept texting and calling to check on me ever since my mum forced me to call him and thank him for the gift he had bought for us. I had decide to stop bugging Amir and move on since he seems not to like me anymore.

Today was a Tuesday and I was in the privy washing my hair when Aliyah came rushing to our room. "Yaya, guess what?" She asked with wide grin on her face. "What?" I asked getting angry because of the soap from my hair which kept getting into my eyes and mouth.

"Ummah, just got a call from Abba that you are getting engaged."