CHAPTER 6

I woke up to the sun flickering brightly on my face. I felt reenergized and active! But it still felt annoying if I had to remember my encounter yesterday. Meanwhile, it shouldn't spoil my mood this morning, Because he wasn't worth my time. I felt something vibrating under my ass, 'oh my God!' I exclaimed raising my ass a little, It was just my phone.

It was a call from surrayah. what explanation do I have to give presently?
I just needed to give her a reasonable reason why I never showed up. I answered the call after the third ring. "hello, Amal?" I could hear surrayah screaming from the other line. "Sorry...!" I tried to say but I couldn't continue what I was saying before surayah halted me.

"You don't have to be sorry Amal. I was glad you didn't make it yesterday," she said delightedly. "Why?" I asked feeling less important and sad. I stood up from my bed to take my brush and toothpaste as we kept on talking.

"Yesterday when you didn't show up, I think Allah was good enough to bring my Muharram (husband) close," she said. "I don't understand or comprehend?" I asked surrayah feeling lost. She was too delighted that I couldn't hear most things she kept saying. "What was his name?" I asked surrayah. "Well, his name was Najib. And guess what Amal?" Surrayah said feeling happy.

"What?" I said putting my toothbrush in my mouth. "Come on just guess," Surrayah said. "You know I am not good at guessing, right?" I said waiting for her to talk but didn't hear anything. "Surrayah are you still on?" I asked but got no reply, I checked my phone and the call was off.

Probably next time we meet, we can have this conversation I thought. Oh, and she wasn't even going to give a listening ear of what I had to tell her. I instantly brushed my teeth and washed my face with the frozen water rushing from the tap. I left the toilet using a clean towel to dry my faces. I went downstairs and saw my sister watching an old movie (rush hour).

I approached her and grabbed the remote from her hand. she stared at me with a pleading eye, she kept saying please! please, don't change it pleaseeeeee.
However, it was too late I had changed the station already. "Why do you constantly watch television so much?" I asked her glancing at the television.

She stared at me in a way that gave the expression that if I wasn't her elder sister she could have slapped me this morning. "Do you want to beat me for changing the station?" I asked her frowning. "Tell me how many times are you going to keep watching the same movie? Am sure this your 100th Time!" I said readjusting myself on the sofa, I wanted to see radiya feeling guilty.

But she had a stone heart automatically.
I could hear some plate dropping to the floor, it was from the kitchen. "Is momma home?" I asked radiya seeing her face was still squeezed. "No, she isn't home." She replied. "What was that sound?" I asked.

"The wind might have blown some cutlery," She said twisting her face. She looked at me in annoyance. Her squeezing her face felt like a life had been removed from her body. "Why do you exaggerate so much?" Radiya asked looking from the remote in my hand to the television which had been changed to the full blast of music channel.

"Why should I have to exaggerate what is true?" I asked. "Was it even up to 100?" Radiya asked. "but you know every part and scene? Don't you even imitate some parts? Ain't you completely good at what they say for each part?" I asked. "Haba Dan Allah ( because of God) let watch something we both haven't watched!" I said it like I was pleading with her.

She got up from the sofa and left mumbling suit yourself. But I cared less. At least I had the remote control. I was about to change the channel when I got a call from my dad. "Hello, Abba? father)" I said. "How are you?" He asked.
"Alhamdulillah Abba!" I replied.

"I want you to go someplace to get me some equipment, give me some moment to send you the address and the person you should address when you arrive," he said. "No problem Abba," I replied. "I told your mum to give you a transport fee, I believe she did?" he questioned.

"yes, Abba," I said. "Good," he replied.
"Ok, Abba I will expect your message," I hanged off instantly. I Stood up and left for my room to take my shower, I heard my sister put it back to rush hour. I yelled from the room so she can hear me. "Must you watch it?" I heard her hummed without responding, I got dressed after bathing.

Fixing my jeans and top with a matching veil, I rubbed my nude lip bam and applied my khol. I looked at the giant reflector in my room. MashaAllah was all I could say, I took a quick selfie and asked radiya to give me a full shot. She murmured some words so I can't hear what she kept saying. "If I snap you don't say it not fine o?" she said. "Just take the picture," I said.

The shot came out beautifully well. I immediately posted it on all my social media. In less than a minute, people kept liking and commenting on the picture. My phone biped in my hand, it was Abba.
He had sent the place where I should get the equipment.

I hastily put on my perfume and evacuated my room. reaching the dining table, I thought about feeling my hungry Tommy dashingly so I don't get late. I took a slice of bread and made tea. horridly I took my tea and bread not to be late, I left telling my sister to take care of the house.

She answered back saying, you don't need to do that, I am already going to do that and Mum would come back soon. Okay, I said. I quickly said the prayers for leaving the house, before making my exit.

bismillah, tawakaltu allalahi"walah hauwla, Walah kuwata" ilah bilahi
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللَّهِ وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ

I depart with Allah's name, relying on Him. It is Allah who saves us from sins with His guidance (the ability to do so)." (Tirmidhi)
It is stated in the hadith that if a person recites the above dua and departs then there is an (unseen) proclamation that his need will be fulfilled and that he will be protected from any harm or injury. On hearing this dua, Satan goes away from the place and refrains from troubling the reciting person.

When I was done conveying my prayers.
I turned around shutting the door behind me, I just hope this goes smoothly.

************

Sorry for the late update fellows🌹
I am happy you guys are still reading further.

I appreciate your effort😻