CHAPTER 24

"Amal? you have really been sleeping alot and waking up late! Tomorrow is your big day. You should sleep early so you can wake up early, i can't bear to hear rumors going around that a bride missed her wedding day because of sleep and that bride happens to be my daughter." She said making a tears escape my eyes.

At first, I thought she found out About my pregnancy but she taught it was stress that made me sleep a lot. To be sincere I am mad that she couldn't tell what exactly was wrong with me and for a second I am pleased because the wedding might be cancelled and i would definitely be the talk of the town, moreover my mum wasn't a doctor.

"Tomorrow is going to be a stressful day for you especially when you get to your husbands house." She saying I was leaving this place which I had both good and bad memories brought hot stream of water from my eyes.

"Why are you crying my little baby?" My mum said making me feel like her little baby again. It had been long I heard her call me that, I felt small like a baby again.

"I know you would never disappoint me. I mean I raised you well," she continued. I wanted to kneel and cry while I begged for forgiveness For disappointing her but I Just couldn't. "Treat your in-laws like you would treat us. Many daughters have more relationship with their parent but always choose your husband over us." What did she mean by that, I could never choose Amar over my parent.

"And you shouldn't fake things with your husband," she continued making a hiccup escape my lips! Could she have gotten a hint? The hiccup wouldn't stop as she motioned me to pick a bottle of water from her fridge to ease the hiccup.

After gulping the water down my mother gave me a box wrapped neatly. Your cousin sadiya want you to have this since she couldn't make it to your wedding, and she insisted you only open it in your husbands house at night. My mum said making me hug her tightly, "I love you so much ummah!" I said with tears streaming freely.

"I love you my forever little baby." She said patting me.

After the talk with my mum, I strolled to my room to notice ummaimah seating on my bed and staring into space. She looked really worried and I needed to ask what was bothering her, I strolled to the bed and sat beside her.

"Hey?" I said tapping her playfully. "Hey?" She answered with a forced smile. "You have been moody ever since you came into my house, are you alright or you just don't like it here?" I asked with keen interest.

"Uhmm," she said and went silent again.

"You can still share things with me. just like we do when we were little," I said with a smile.

"Well, I think my heart is breaking into pieces." She said making me laugh, what was she facing that was worse than my situation. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. You totally caught me off guard!" I said with a wide grin.

"But I am serious," she said with a stern stare. "A problem shared is a problem solved." I said trying to adjust the pillow that was about to fall.

"Well, the person I like is getting married tomorrow And you promised to help right?" She asked. "Yes, if it is within my powers." I said staring at her.

"Well, i am in love with Amar and I want you to end your marriage with him." She said making me speechless.