CHAPTER 20

"Wakey, wakey!" The voice of surrayah woke me up from sleep. I was surprised that she had come early to accompany me to the hospital, surrayah hadn't had any breakfast before coming this early. So, I had told her to make something to eat for herself in the kitchen while I freshen up. Aliyah and ummah had gone to my auntie's naming ceremony who had given birth and Abba had gone for a business trip today.

I was disappointed that I couldn't voice out my feeling of not liking Amar to be the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Ummah had made sure she gave me enough money for drugs and transport but I and surrayah had agreed to use it to buy some headscarf since her fiancee had made clear that he was going to treat me for free.

I went downstairs to the sweet scent of strawberry pancake which was my favorite but I was surprised that from the aroma I felt like throwing up. I quickly covered my nose and went to the fridge to get a bottle of water since I craved one.

"Aren't you eating?" Surrayah asked.

"No, I lost my appetite," I said. "You need to eat something, at least a tiny bit won't kill!" She said while stretching a plate of pancake but it ended up making me throw up the cake I ate yesterday. I kept trying to force all the disgusting things from my Tommy out as surrayah kept rubbing my back to calm me down before fetching a bowl of water to pour on my head and the rest to wash my face.

Before we left the house. I couldn't help but stare at the amount of lip gloss that surrayah kept applying on her lips, someone who might notice her lips might think she had dipped them inside a big basin of oil. The normal me could have mocked her but I had no strength, I kept thinking about why I couldn't stop urinating now and then.

Ummah had said it was too much sugar and that she had warned us but we wouldn't listen. Just a typical way of African parents, they most find a way to complain before giving you money for treatment.

Surrayah parent had gotten her a car and driving licence. So, it was going to be easier for us to get to hospital. I decided to lock the door and keep the key under the front mat, we got into the car and immediately i sat down on the passenger seat I had fallen asleep again.

"Hey, sleeping beauty? We are at the hospital." She tapped me with a wide grin on her face. "Surrayah, you could have just woken me up." I said trying to adjust my fallen veil. "You look tired and weak, I just felt like you needed that little sleep." She said before bringing out a mirror and powder from her bag.

I stared at her for a while before smirking and leaving the car. We entered the hospital as surrayah decided to ask the nurse on duty of the office of her fiancee, immediately the nurse had given her direction. We were finally in front of a door, we knocked and got an answer to come in.

Immediately we got into the office my eyes fell on the guy I had been calling and texting for the past one month. What was Amir doing here? That was all I could ask my self. He glanced at me for a bit before surrayah decided to interrupt the stare. "Do you guys know each other?" I was going to say yes but Amir was quick to say "no," did he really deny me? "I thought as much, Amir meet my best friend Amal and Amal my fiancee Amir." She said making an hiccup escape my mouth.

"Nice meeting you?" Amir said making a drop of water escape my eyes. "Here, drink some water." Surrayah said handing me a bottle of water, I instantly cleaned the tears before she could notice. "I am glad to meet you too." I said clutching my bag tightly.

"Amir, I think my besty here has a malaria and she urinate frequently! I guess she could run a test today, right?" Surrayah said touching my cheeks and making me smile a bit.

"Yes, she could take the test and have the result today before we administer any drugs to her." He said before asking us to follow him, I stood at the back as surrayah and Amir stood on the same lane and kept talking between themselves! I caught Amir stealing glances at me which felt wrong, I had many question to ask him but I don't know if I had the right again.

In no time I was done with taking the test and we were seating down in the office we took the test so they can process the result. After waiting for what felt like forever the result where out and Amir took them and asked us to follow him to his office, I was getting tired and I was thinking of asking him to open the test result so we could just get the drug but he seems to have read my mind.

"I need to give you a written note and signature so you could get it from the pharmacy." He said staring at me. I hated that he had to stare at me, and I hated it more that he was going to marry my best friend.

We entered his office and sat down as he opened his drawer to bring out a very beautiful carved pen before checking the test result, he stared at the papers before staring at me. He stared at me again before announcing the unimaginable.

"You are pregnant Amal,"

AMAL(COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें