CHAPTER 17

"Here, drink some water," Amar said handing me a cup of glass water. Immediately I was done drinking the water, I stared up and noticed Amar's uncle still staring at me which made me choke again making ummaimah pass me the water to drink this time.

"Are you okay," Amar's mother asked me making me nod as I dropped the cup to continue eating. "Uncle, I and Amal are planning to take things slowly by getting to know each other." Amar chipped in which I was grateful for. "Amar is right. I would also want to get to know my daughter in_law," Amar's mom said making my eyes pop up.

Amar's uncle was going to ask another question but thank God for Nadiya she was quick to intervene. "Baba, the shaytan would be happy to eat with us." She said making the whole table go quiet. After the meal, we the girls decided to catch up a little.

Later, After Magrib prayer Amar decided to drop me at home. Amar's mother was the opposite of her son if that was the same way Amal treat women! I knew for sure I would have proposed to him. As Amar kept driving through the street of Kano, the Sweet Aroma of suya meat wouldn't leave my nose.

To be sincere I craved to eat suya at that very moment. I couldn't even talk to Amar to stopping. So, I could buy it before he dropped me at home. However, I was shocked that we had stopped at a plaza. At the front of the plaza was a man who sold suya meat, Amar must have read my mind then.

"I need to get some suya, do you mind if I get for you?" He asked as he unbuckled his seat belt. "No, I am filled up," I lied. After some minute he came back with a leather filled with stuff and dropped it at the back seat, my Tommy began to grumble with the beautiful scent of suya meat.

At that very moment, I began to regret why I said I wasn't going to have some. Finally, we were in front of my house, and Mallam Nasir opened the gate for us as Amar greeted him. "Thank you, Amal for today," Amar said staring at me. "Don't forget it wasn't for free," I said before unbuckling my seatbelt and leaving the car.

I was about entering the door when Amar called my attention. "Since you were filled up, Maybe you could have this later with Aliyah?" He asked making me collect the package and murmuring thank you.

Amar had followed me inside and greeted my parent before leaving. My dad wouldn't stop commending Amar which was already getting my ear filled with his talk. I went to my room to take a quick bath but my phone began to ring, I decided to check the caller and the ID read surrayah.

"Surayyah, wallahi I thought you were angry with me," I said immediately I picked the phone. "I have good news for you." She said with a lot of happiness in her voice. "So, what good news?" I asked yet again with a grin. "I am getting married Amal," she said making me feel weak. "How can you get married?" I asked without thinking.

"What kind of question is that?" She asked. "That not exactly what I mean! I meant isn't it too early?" I said as I dragged the pillow to laydown forgetting I was about to perform ablution. "Oh, he is a family friend and I think I like him." She said. "What is our inlaw's name?" I asked out of curiosity. "His name is......" The network kept breaking that I couldn't hear her.

I tried calling back but it kept saying it wasn't reachable. So I instantly went to pray, after prayer, I had opened the package Amar had handed me and it was filled with suya, habib yogurt, and chocolate.

I couldn't help myself as a blush escape my lips.