CHAPTER 23

The week had been really stressful for me ever since Amar had come to ask for my hand in marriage. Tomorrow was my Nikkah and I was sitting sadly in front of the woman Who was drawing my henna, I hated the fact that a baby was growing inside my tommy and my mum didn't know.

Yesterday, I had almost drank snipper. I just wanted to die from the disgrace I was feeling! Surrayah and few of my Friends from college and highschool where here with me, they were chattering and cheering about my weeding. I wished surrayah knew her supposed fiancee was responsible for my pregnancy and that he was denying his baby.

"Hey. Hey, Amal are you even listening?" surrayah tapped me as I stared at her shaking my hand and causing my henna to get spoilt. "I am sorry, just thinking about tomorrow." I lied. "Awwn, she can't wait to have her wedding night with handsome Amar." Aliyah said causing the girls to wow.

"You girls should really stop the teasing, my henna wouldn't be nice at all." I joked to ease the tension I was feeling."your henna is already pretty, I know Amar wouldn't be able to resist." Jamila my college friend said. "Jamila?" I called with a frown.

"Alright, alright. But your henna is really pretty." She said making me utter thank you. I turned to notice ummaimah at a corner seating silently, I wanted to ask her what was wrong but I couldn't with the amount of henna on my hand and leg. I just couldn't afford to get it spoilt.

The house has been filled with people who really came to wish me a happy married life but I just couldn't tell them I wasn't happy so they didn't need to be here.

Ummah and Abba had made sure everything was in order. Amar's mother wouldn't stop thanking me for agreeing to marry her son and letting me know that I wasn't ever going to regret my decision.

Everybody was busy preparing for a wedding that was filled with lack of affection or love, the kids kept playing around and making lot of noise. Though they look adorable and really cute, yes! I love kids.

I always wished to have a kid I raise in an halal way without having to hide him from anybody but this child was a pure mistake, he was ruining my life and I hated it so much. I was still in my thought as the henna woman asked me to stand up so she could help me wash it off since it was dried! After washing it off, everybody kept saying how they admired the henna.

Aliyah had come to my ear to whisper something in my ear which really made me want to hug her tightly and cry out my eyes. "So, tomorrow my only best friend and sister would leave me for a man." She said making my heart ache.

Yes, I was actually leaving my forever bestfriend for a man that I didn't love. I was really going to miss her, Abba and my mother so much! "Amal, ummah want to see you." My cousin ramlah said in my ear which I nodded and left to find ummah.

I was told she was in her room. I made the sallam before entering, immediately I entered she looked at me and motioned for me to seat in the empty bed space beside her.

"Amal?" She called making me look her directly in the eyes. "Ummah," I called with a cracked voice, I knew I was breaking down soon. "Why have you been sleeping so much this days?" She asked making my stomach grumble.