CHAPTER 3

AMAR POV

Today has been the most hectic and annoying day of my life. Today I had added a year to my age, but it still felt like a normal day to me. Today was my birthday. but it didn't feel like it, No birthday call or texting from friends. And most especially my mom. I felt a bit of unhappiness because she never tried to miss out. I can't seem to blame her, my mom was getting old and she might have forgotten.

My mom was all I have got in this world. she is the only parent left for me, she is also my best friend and my adviser. Apart from my mom, maybe some distant relatives also. I had no girlfriend or was I betrothed. not like I couldn't have one, I was 28 already.

I just wished for someone my heart aches for, I have always prayed to my creator to bless me with a loving wife and kids to come home to meet. That feeling always flashes smiles to my face, I was about calling my mum when my secretary barged into my office.

"Sir, I think there is an emergency at home. I got a call from the old lady who works at your mother's residence, She said that your mum's bp( blood pressure ) had raised and was critical." "Subhanallah, inallilahi." (Oh Allah make this easy for me) I was very scared and confused because I had lost a loved one once and I knew how it felt.

I quickly packed my stuff telling my secretary to cover up all my meetings for next time, I took my car keys and hurried down the stairs to the company exist door. Hurrying into the driver seat. my hands were getting sweaty out of panic, it going to be fine Amar. l said to me as I drove as fast as I could. My hands never breaking off the steering, the cloud was getting dark like it was going to rain any moment from now.

But that was my lowest worries for now. The potholes in the road made it slower to drive faster, I halted when I saw a girl waving her hand in my car from the side reflector. I didn't want to act heartless or mean. I could have just zoomed off because my mom was my biggest worry now. losing my mom now could depress me forever, she was all I got.

But why was she waving to my car? there must be a purpose I thought. Maybe she knew me or something was false in my car, I pondered. But this was the improper time for all that, I halted the car and stepped down only to find her screaming at the top of her voice.
What was she screaming about anyway?

I was in my most gentle mood so I politely asked her. "Why did you have to stop me is something wrong?" Before she could utter a word it started showering. it was raining, I was losing patience now. I was consuming time.
oh, Allah my mother.

AMAL POV

As I stood there looking at him. It started raining heavily, we just stood there looking at each other. should I say? it was more like starring contests. his suit was soaked so like my dress, I couldn't utter a word. He finally mumbled. "Why did you stop my car young lady?" He asked me like he wasn't sorry for what he had just done.

I felt stupid at that moment, "You splashed your dirty water on my dress." I finally said. "Don't you feel you owe me an apology,"
I continued. He laughed so hard like I said something funny. What kind of a man was this? Was this a way he treated women? He didn't even apologize, he just left me under the rain and zoomed off. I was so surprised at his behavior, why did he do that? Did I say wrong? My heart ached with pain. I was not the one who humiliated him, he was supposed to apologize to me not leaving without apologizing.

The surge of tears ran through my face as I let the rain beat me. why does it feel like I was stepped on? I didn't go to pizza hot any longer. my phone kept ringing and ringing, I knew it could he surrayah. But I hope she knows I feel sorry for this. I didn't pick as I walked home under the rain, only God knew I didn't care what my parents were going to say to me at the way I felt at that moment or if my
My bestfriend was still waiting for me at pizza hot. Because all I felt was a pain in my heart.

***********

Hey guys💕
I hope you keep enjoying this novel🌹
I appreciate your time and effort🌹Especially to those who vote and comments, thank you😻❤️