CHAPTER 34

AMAL POV

Little chattering among my friends as they help stack up my luggage in the car was vibrant to my ear. Few of the guests were leaving already and the house was getting scanty, it was left with family, friends, and close relatives. I sat down close to my aunties but my thought was not in whatever they were talking about. I had a small smile on my face but deep down I was in my own little world.

What would be my fate now? How would I live in Amar'S house? "What are you thinking about Amar dear?" my aunt said. "Nothing," I hastily said.

"You seem to be in your own little world, if anything is bothering you, you can share with me." she said, making me wiggle my head with a smile. The instant most of the remaining guests had left, I instantly changed to leave for Amar's apartment. There wasn't any excitement, all I felt was fear.

"Assalamualaikum," the husky voice of Amar let out filling the whole room. The fact that he was present made me more nervous and anxious, he lowered himself to greet Umma and baba. After a little chart with baba. It was time to leave, I strived to carry the last box but a hand brushed mine before collecting the box from me.

"I can do it," I tried to say but he had left with the box. "You see what I said, he would take care of you," Surayyah teased.

After a few minutes of riding in his car in silence, we finally made it to his apartment. The gate was huge and fancy and the environment was peaceful, the flowers that decorated the house were beautiful, and the house screamed expensively. My friends kept chattering and helping me with my luggage as Amar moved to open the door.

I strode after them as we entered the living room. The house was clean and neatly arranged for a man. I heard men were dirty and kept a house in a mess but this was different. After my friends and family had checked my place, they decided to leave.

"Surayyah please stay the night with me," I pleaded. "I can't be the devil to hinder anything between a newly married couple," she said before leaving. The house was quiet and it seemed Amar went to drop them off.

*********************

AMAR POV

The moment I got back from dropping the guest off. I opened the door to notice Amal sleeping on the couch, she seemed to be tired from all the activities. She seemed peaceful while sleeping. I tried to adjust her but she woke up instantly with a tremble. I moved away, maybe she wasn't comfortable with how close we were.

"Sorry, you seemed to be__" I tried to say but she caught me off. "It's fine, sorry for sleeping on the couch," she muttered. "I didn't decorate the house much but you can do that to your taste," I muttered but she wiggled her head.

"I won't touch anything, I have no right to do that," she said. I hated the fact that her words were hurting me, she wasn't free.  "Amal, it's your home, you can do whatever you want," I said, still looking at her.  "Can you show me my room?" she murmured. What did she mean by my room?

"Follow me," I said, moving upstairs to our room. She looked at the room before nodding. "I like the room," she let out with a smile. This was the first time she was complimenting something or even smiling. "You should really smile more often, you look prettier," I muttered.

"Do we have to share this room?" she asked, a little perplexed. "Yes Amal, we have to because you are my wife and my life partner," I said. "But we can't, it isn't right," she said and I couldn't understand.

"I'm your husband Amal," I let out even if her words were hurting me badly. "Alright, you can stay here while I use the other room," I said before leaving. I should better give her the space she really needs if I want her to be comfortable with me.