Lets Pretend Nothing Happened (L x J)

(Lupin x Jigen, just before Part 1)

"Uh, Lupin?"

"Yeah?"

"You sure this is the right hotel room?"

"Yeah, why do you—oh."

Lupin walks past the hotel bathroom towards the end of the short entrance hallway. He stands next Jigen to see a large king size bed with a cozy chair and wooden nightstand on either side than the expected two twin beds.
He sighs and messes with his short hair.

"Guess the lady misunderstood a bedroom for two."

"Were you flirting with her?"

"Ehehe, maybe?" Lupin says with a nervous yet giddy smile.

Jigen grumbles. "Then that's probably why."

Lupin walks past Jigen, tosses the suitcase onto the bed, then hops out of his clothes onto the plush bedding with nothing but stripped boxers on.

"Don't worry!
It's just something temporary for a day or two until I find a new hideout.
It won't be long."

Jigen mumbles as he too walks around the room to his side of the bed with his hands in his pockets.

"This is our first time sharing a bed, y'know."

"Right, so let's not make it a big deal!
It'll happen often if you stick with me, partner."

"Good grief."

Jigen sits on his side of the bed and starts to undress. Lupin puts his hands behind his head as he lays back on the soft hotel pillows, making a quick glance at Jigen but then looking the other way respectfully.

-
It's been couple of years now after their a rough start, as Jigen was hired to kill Lupin while Lupin was more rambunctious about killing. While their companionship was a bit sporadic, it didn't take so long for Jigen to stick by Lupins side despite the thief's lifestyle with women and staying in hideouts temporarily.
Seeing a person accept him with due time, Lupin always mindfully made room for his new found partner—insuring there was always a bed, food, and income for him when he is and isn't around. The marksman stuck around through countless hideouts as each were found out by killers or the persistent Inspector Zenigata. So much so that Lupin has had trouble finding a place, and had to last minute call into a hotel.
Jigen didn't expect to stick by someone's side for so long, and he's not sure why he does. Perhaps it's the bond they created or the thrilling chase they crave for. Whatever it was, he tried to not think too much of it reason-wise: only concluding that life just seemed brighter beside the fledging thief's side.
-

Jigen places his hat on the bed frame and flicks off the light beside his nightstand, rummaging under the bed covers and snuggling into the pillow with his back turned to Lupin.

"G'night."

"Sleeping already?"

"It just makes time move faster."

"Hah, what a smart idea."

Lupin turns off his light as well, leaving the moonlight to illuminate some of the room through their window. Jigen hears Lupin get in under the covers as well, sighing sleepily already.

"By the way..." Lupin trails off quietly.

"Hmm?"

"..I get night terrors."

"Night terrors?"

"Just really bad crappy nightmares.
I've been getting them a lot recently so I won't be surprised if I have another one tonight.
If I end up kicking you or making sounds, just kick me off the bed."