Waking Up By Your Side (J x G)

Goemon groans as something—someone—gently constricts his torso.

It was Jigens' arms.
They wrapped around Goemons torso from behind, warmly hugging under the thick comforter. For a fearful second, Goemon thought he was wearing nothing.

Laying on his stomach, he glances down under the blanket, thankful clothed by the bottom half at least. Goemon takes a breath and starts trying to get up. Jigen grunts as Goemon attempts to move out of bed.

Not wanting to wake the gunman, Goemon makes his rotation swift. He freezes, finding his weight on his elbows sitting the his squished pillow and Jigens head snuggled up upon his chest.

The beard felt prickly on his skin. Stumped from moving, Goemon gives a frustrated sigh.

The samurai looks up at the high open ceiling, studying. Dark wood contrasted the traditional Japanese home. Dust particles can be seen by the morning sunlight.

Goemon flinches as the gunman stirred. He couldn't see past Jigens bangs. The hair was a pile of messy fluff. The sun felt warm in his room, or perhaps that was his bashful cheeks. He couldn't help but stare.

His eyes wander, and so does his mind.

"Is it true?"
The samurai glances at Jigen's callused hand near his side, laying next to his own. Warmth radiating from the shared sheet at his finger tips. Goemon mumbles to no one who's awake.
"That you love me?"

"Of course."

Goemons turns to look back: a flinch in surprise. He catches glimpse—barely—of Jigens tan cheek of peach fuzz that leads to the pointy beard.

Goemon finds the smirk of the gunman as Jigen hugs him tighter.

"I love you."
The marksman says in his deep voice, croaking clear and darkly despite years of cigarettes and liquor— a wholesome whisper.

The samurai blushes.
"Ridiculous." Goemon says.

Jigen nuzzles against the samurai back.
"No it's not." He clarifies.

"Not that," Goemon clarifies, turning his head back to see his hand peaking under the sheets.
"You. You sound ridiculous, saying something so..."

"So heartfelt?" Jigen finishes. He then chuckles lightly. "I guess I don't say those things often."

Goemon turns more bashful. "You sound immature."

Goemon attempts to pull away from the hug out of spit, but fails doing so as Jigen is too latched on. It makes Jigens smile larger. Goemon sighs through his nose, making Jigen chuckle in knowledge of the samurai's annoyance.

"Love.." Goemon mutters quietly.
"Makes a person silly. A fool."

"Love can make a samurai into a clown is what you're saying?" Jigen humors.

"Love makes you a fool."
Goemon only retells back with burning cheeks, though not admitting the metaphorical question.

Jigen hums in agreement with his grin.
The gunman finds the flustered samurai adorable.

...

Goemon suddenly awakens, his head snapping up.
He glances around the downhill forest. The floor was filled with dead leaves and sticks as the morning sunlight shine through patches of the oak tree leave above him. A leaf slip off his head.