Bundle of Joy (L x Z)

(Short but sweet)

The inspector wakes up to the sound of someone snickering.

Lupin?

There's a small, annoying hum from an annoying voice. Zenigata can tell that the person happily doing it is smiling ear to ear.

"Er...What the..."

As the inspector slowly becomes conscious, Zenigata can see Lupin sitting criss-crossed on the wooden floor beside his bed. Zenigata tries to shift but finds himself unable to. He seems constricted by something hugging him. Zenigata glances about.

It's the blanket. Except it's tightly woven around his body. Too tightly.

"Huh!? H-HEY!"
Zenigata quickly becomes more alert. And angry.
"Grrr LUPIN! What's going on!?"

A mischievous grin!
Lupin cackles as he watches Zenigata struggle to break free from the large blanket he has gotten himself rolled him; of course, with the help of the mischievous thief.

"Relax pops, just a little prank~"
Lupin says with grin, his hands moving with his words. "I've decided to make you into a blanket burrito."

"Why you—!"
Zenigata wrings around, rolling back and forth around the bed to find that his 'burrito' has been tightly tapped shut like a newly bought rug.

"Look at you! So cozy~"
Lupin teases.

The thief scoots closer and grabs ahold the inspectors face with his hands, squishing the embarrassed face. Zenigata grumbles as Lupin places the old man's face. His grin grows warmer as he humorously purses his lips.

"Heh—My bundle of joy!"

Zenigata can feel his face flush some more, gritting his teeth and grunting back.

Suddenly Lupins electronic watch goes off,
giving it a quick glance.

"Ah! Time to get back to the heist for today!"

"Heist!? What heist?!? Lupin!" Zenigata hollers.

Lupin let's go of Zenigata and stands up.

"Not leaving a note now are you?" Zenigata asks, trying to get Lupin to talk.

Lupins' shoes make loud clunks as he jogs over to the window. Lupin looks over the landscape, and then down ahead for where he'll be landing.

The thief gives one final glance back—a gleam in his eye—to his supposed enemy.

"See ya later, sunshine!"

With a smile, Lupin hops out the window to the busy world down below.

"Sunshine!?"
The inspector yelps in surprise.

"Well, that's better than 'pops'..."
he murmurs, talking to himself. "Sunshine... is that a clue? Sunshine... what does he mean? Is it a hint?"

Something clicks. Zenigata gasps to himself.
"No—THE SUNSHINE STONE!"

With brute strength, Zenigata wiggles out of the tightly woven blanket around him, popping out of the tiny hole. The friction tore at his clothes, leaving him with nothing but his neon pink boxers with it's embroidered red hearts.

Angry and embarrassed, he continues to ring out his enemies name whilst scrambling for clothes and a phone to call up his men.

At a mere glance in the mirror, the inspector looks furious as he is serious.

Grr—That damn Lupin!

Yet in truth, he's quietly giddy. His grim face gives a subtle smirk. Zenigata could not help being excited.

Another day, another adventure.

—————
Word Count: 509