I Like The Rain (J x G)

(Jigen x Goemon and yet another oneshot somehow related to water)

"Jigen?"

Jigen flinches at his name in question. He sits beside a bunch of empty bottles scotched against an old white office building building of some sort in a rural town. He sits just under the extending roof to stay dry, though he is already drenched and muddied from the rain. Grabbing the rim of his dripping wet fedora, Jigen looks up to see a familiar samurai wearing a large sandogasa.

"Goemon?"

Jigen gave a smile, but seeing the flicker of worry in the eyes of someone so stern looking gave him a turn off.
"Of course you'd be here Goemon." He mutters.

"What are you doing here?" Goemon asks.

"Uh.. I was uh.... taking a shower." Jigen says reluctantly as a joke, still pinning a grin similar as his usual counterpart: Lupin.

Goemon flinches and pinches his own nose with his left hand as Jigen reeks of alcohol and whatever happens when drenched in rain water whilst sitting in mud for long periods of time.

"You're drunk." Goemon comments.

"I'm pretty sober right now, actually." Jigen tells bluntly.

"Do you not have a place?" Goemon asks.

"No, not at the moment. Don't worry about it though."

Goemons furrowed his brows, concerned how Jigen has turned up in such a state yet makes it seem so casual. Jigen watches Goemon trade his katana from his right hand to the left. The samurai then extends his right hand towards the gunman.

"Come." He simply instructs.

Jigen takes a moment just to peek past his fedora and bangs to see the inner details of the rough and mighty hand of the warrior. The delicate callused hand awaited him as it starts to be pattered by rain water.

Then he reaches and grabs ahold of it, feeling Goemon pull him up.

A shock of pain shoots up from his ankle, making him quickly grab Goemons arm with his other hand to stabilize himself. Goemon flexes his arm muscle more, unexpected by Jigens pained reaction. He takes Jigens left arm and put around his neck, then holds Jigens hips beside his in means to help the gunman. Jigen only grimaces quietly.

"What is wrong?" Goemon asks, looking down at Jigens soaking wet shoes.

"My ankle. Sprained it earlier." Jigen responds grimacing.

"I will be weary on that." Goemon says thoughtfully.

"Heh—Right, thanks Mr. Samurai." Jigen says with a small smile.

Goemon glances up from Jigens toes to his beard wearing face, then turns his head away, grabbing the rim of his sandogosa to tip the rain off. He begins his wooden sandals with a stride.

"Let us go then."

...

Under the dry safety of Goemons sandogosa, the two make their way through the small rural village whom are just in the outskirts of a large flourishing mountain of wet greenery. Goemon leads Jigen to a small worn out ryokan where an old lady in a kimono sweeps near the front step.

Goemon lets go of Jigen and takes the step up, then whips around to lend his hand to Jigen take a cautious step as well. Jigen takes the samurais hand and does so carefully, though he thought it would only be just that.

Unexpectedly, Goemon does not let go of Jigens hand and instead utilizes it to drag the wobbling gunman around. Goemon nods his head at the old lady knowingly before dashing inside with Jigen in tow. Jigen grabs onto his damp hat as he's lead inside, swearing he heard the old lady chuckle on his way in.